MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By 8greg2 Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:16 pm
So I just got a Live 2 retro in and when powering on I have to hold the power button down until the pads turn red and then release for it to power on and was wondering if anybody else's powered on the same way? On my Live 1 and X I just have to tap the power button once and it turns on, so I don't think this normal or some type of safeguard from accidental turn-ons. No other issues with the 2 once it's on, I'd just hate to have to return it with them being on back-order everywhere since December...
By 40Beatz Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:31 pm
Yea that doesn't seem right. If it were me...I'd send it back for an Exchange
By EnochLight Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:01 pm
8greg2 wrote:So I just got a Live 2 retro in and when powering on I have to hold the power button down until the pads turn red and then release for it to power on and was wondering ...

I agree with 40Beatz - you have a bum unit. I'm on my second Live (third if you count the Touch) and none of them have ever done that. Return it/exchange it, stat!!!