MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By SVBJECT Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:37 am
Hi,

I'm not sure what is causing this, but I keep being spammed with update firmware messages. Usually on both pc and mpc, but sometimes just on one. Basically whenever I turn either on, or connect them.
A few minutes ago I turned them both on and got the update message saying my firmware was out of date (on both PC and MPC), downloaded the updater from the page I was directed to, my downloads folder renamed the file to end in a (4) seeing as I've downloaded MPC2.8.1Updater 4 times! Go to update mode on the mpc, tell it to update, it rebooted itself did its thing, came back online, I put it back in controller mode, and it immediately asks to update the firmware (just MPC this time)
Went back to the site, and its the same version again, not like there was an update just at the wrong moment.

Seems to me either I'm doing something wrong - anyone see a glaring hole in my brief walk through of me doing an update?! Or, the MPC isn't updating correctly - in which case, any troubleshooting tips?

Thanks,
By 40Beatz Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:40 pm
:lol:
By SVBJECT Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:07 am
johnnytravels wrote:If it’s the 2.8.1 update your installing, that may be the issue. MPC software is on 2.9.1 at the moment.

Thanks! Then the question becomes why am I downloading the wrong version from the akai site?
As I said, I'm following the prompts given by the mpc, going to the updates page. Still just downloads new copies of 2.8.1.
How do I fix it?