MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Edtitan Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:09 pm
hi!

In clip program: I’ve assigned a sample to a pad and it makes a click when it loops. Configuration: Pad play: toggle. Pad quantize: off. I’m not using the sequencer.

However, when I go to sample edit I can listen the loop perfectly (without any click) when I play it with pad 11. I’ve selected 0 snap.

I have the MPC LIVE 2.5.0

Could anyone help me? I don’t know what I’m missing.

Thank you!
By NearTao Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:45 pm
in SAMPLE EDIT... hold SHIFT and hit the touch screen button 0 Snap. Then adjust your Start/End points to cross at 0 until you have no clicks.

Barring that, select a small start/end at the front and apply Fade In, and select a small start/end at the end and apply a Fade Out.
By Monotremata Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:47 pm
Id update that MPC while I was at it. 2.5 is pretty old now and the OS itself has come along way since then..
By saltmcgault Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:18 pm
Another good way to get rid of unwanted clicks... In sample edit move your start and your end points to where these unwanted clicks are happening get the trims down to the nitty gritty spot and select "process" select "gain" and turn it down until its not clickity clackin. You can hit pad A16 to see how that little snippet is sounding. A homie showed me that recently. It's a clutch editing move.
By Matty Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:08 am
Use saltmcgault's approach if you cannot do the following:

Zoom in onto your loop and remove the transients from either end - so say if you see the waveform rise/fall to a value on the end that isn't 0 (which would be the center line), after it goes from that value to the start where it's closer to or at 0 your sample will make a clicking sound.
Another way to combat this is use the envelope's attack and release. However I don't think it applies to loops.
In the program's sampler editor the q link knobs have various sensitivities so if you are zoomed in reaalll close you adjust the start and end so you don't have these jumps between values.
Basically imagine a sine wave, but all of a sudden instead of gradually sloping back down to zero it just dropped off and went right to zero. That would produce a click when played back.

Hope that helps you out,
By Ill-Green Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:32 am
saltmcgault wrote:Another good way to get rid of unwanted clicks... In sample edit move your start and your end points to where these unwanted clicks are happening get the trims down to the nitty gritty spot and select "process" select "gain" and turn it down until its not clickity clackin. You can hit pad A16 to see how that little snippet is sounding. A homie showed me that recently. It's a clutch editing move.

+1 Pops in your chops mean you need to tighten your loops. All samplers do this since 1992 (in my hands on experience anyway :mrgreen: ) moving the start and end points by intergers of tens and hundreds are preferable :wink:
By Monotremata Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:40 pm
And keep an eye on your loops when you time stretch too. Sometimes when it times stretches loops, the resulting wave file no longer has 0 loop points. I see it do it all the time on the samples endpoint.
By Edtitan Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:26 am
Thanks everyone for answering so quickly!

I updated to 2.9 and I tried yours suggestions but it doesnt work…

I explain :
When I am in “sample edit” the loop is ok (I can perfectly listen to it in pad 16).

But, I listen the clicks when I am in the clip program and I push the pad where there is the sample. in this pad there is no warp and I’ve a fade. By the way, If I remove this fade the click is encore bigger.

Thanks again for your help,
By SakisX Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:29 am
If you adjusted the start/end points and used crossfading in sample edit menu ,try to reload the sample in the clip
By Monotremata Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:47 pm
SakisX wrote:If you adjusted the start/end points and used crossfading in sample edit menu ,try to reload the sample in the clip

Good point, you need to do that in drum programs/keygroups too. The programs have their own parameters for start/end/loop you can set separate from the samples own settings. If you change anything to the actual sample in Sample Edit, you need to reload it in your program before those updates take effect. Otherwise the program keeps the settings where they were as if it was a custom setup.
By TheRoyalSloan Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:58 pm
I am having the same problem as Edtitan. I can get my sample to loop almost perfectly in Sample Edit. But I when I try to play the sample on my pads or with my keyboard controller, the sample plays back without the x-fade.

I've only had my MPC for a few days so I'm sorry if I sound like a dork but, I'm not sure what you mean when you say "reload the sample in the clip". Can you explain this process?
By SakisX Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:42 am
TheRoyalSloan wrote:I am having the same problem as Edtitan. I can get my sample to loop almost perfectly in Sample Edit. But I when I try to play the sample on my pads or with my keyboard controller, the sample plays back without the x-fade.

I've only had my MPC for a few days so I'm sorry if I sound like a dork but, I'm not sure what you mean when you say "reload the sample in the clip". Can you explain this process?

When you finish the adjustments in Sample Edit , go to Program Edit and reassign the same sample (reload) . That way it will apply the changes you made from sample edit in the program
By 40Beatz Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:24 pm
Zero Snap is your Friend
By SakisX Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:48 pm
Doesn't always apply to stereo samples , but definitely it helps