MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By soundsafoolmusic Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:52 pm
My midi interface for my DAW died at the weekend so I am shopping for a replacement.

I makes sense to also ensure I can fire off from my mpc when working dawless

I have my eyes on a mioxl from iconnectivity but have no idea if this will work with mpc. Does anyone know or can recommend a midi interface for mpc than can host 8 inputs/outputs that would work with my live please?
By TagPass Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:53 am
Can’t speak to the mioXL model specifically, but I am using the last-generation mio10, and it works perfectly. Best thing about the mio10 is the 2 USB host ports, so I can simultaneously have it connected to my MPCX and my computer, so no need to swap cabling if I want to work one way or the other. Not a dealbreaker but it *is* convenient, and the XL version no longer has that 2nd port. Might be worth looking into finding the mio10 secondhand, if that feature would be important to you, but the XL’s onboard multi-port USB hub is pretty slick compared to having to run an external hub on the version I have.
By AMG Wed May 12, 2021 3:40 pm
I own a mioXM, I'll test it out on my MPC One later today.
By AMG Wed May 12, 2021 9:15 pm
soundsafoolmusic wrote:My midi interface for my DAW died at the weekend so I am shopping for a replacement.

I makes sense to also ensure I can fire off from my mpc when working dawless

I have my eyes on a mioxl from iconnectivity but have no idea if this will work with mpc. Does anyone know or can recommend a midi interface for mpc than can host 8 inputs/outputs that would work with my live please?

I've verified that my mioXM works with my MPC one. It'll see all inputs and outputs.