MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By saltmcgault Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:36 pm
I owned an mpc2500 since 2006 and I loved it. I bought the mpcx and after a couple of hours on the mpcx I wasn't looking at my mpc2500 the same. It's kinda like finding out your 14 year old son really isn't yours. You still love him, but you look at him differently. Not having to track out my beats into ableton is probably what got me to pull the trigger and buy the mpcx and I'm glad I did. It's like going from a nokia flip phone to an iphone12. I sold my mpc2500 and I regret it only because I could fly around in that thing. Once you get use to the new terminology and new features and the touch screen there's no looking back.

Regardless of which mpc you buy I strongly recommend buying the MPC BIBLE.
https://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/268/mpc-bible/ Tutor went above and beyond with that book and it covers everything you would need to know and some.
By Christov Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:24 am
Lampdog wrote:Sounds like One is calling your name.

So it seems yeah. Now I just gotta wait until my next paycheck.

@saltmcgault was definitly gonna cop the book, looks really helpful
By Ultros Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:36 pm
If this is any help:

I wouldn't trade you my MPC One for your MPC 2500.

The mpc one is just as powerful as its siblings only lacking some piddly things that arent worth hundreds or thousands of dollars more. MPC is awesome but to me its not $2000-$3000 good. $600 usd. Want more inputs? use one of your mixers... want more midi ports? use a midi hub and still save hundreds of dollars. The form factor of the one sold me its classic square-ass mpc styling gave me a rager and i had to ha me dat. I bought mine whimsically and dont regret it i spend all my free time with it.
By 40Beatz Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:45 pm
Going from the 2500 to the One is a Good Upgrade. Cost Efficient too. But going from the Live/X to the One is definitely a Downgrade. The New MPCs have the same Engine inside.. Live/X just has Heated Leather Seats, Sunroof, Bigger Trunk, More Doors, etc :lol:
By Lampdog Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:54 pm
One is the very basic and capable 4 banger, the reliable "grocery-getter" of new MPC's.

By Ultros Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:09 am
[quote="Lampdog"]One is the very basic and capable 4 banger, the reliable "grocery-getter" of new MPC's.

More like one of these beauts, they werent pretty but they got alot of broke ass families where they needed to go lolol

By 40Beatz Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:11 pm
Oh Damn...My Moms had one of those Back in the Day. A Little Red Coupe version
By Christov Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:19 pm
Ultros wrote:If this is any help:

I wouldn't trade you my MPC One for your MPC 2500.

The mpc one is just as powerful as its siblings only lacking some piddly things that arent worth hundreds or thousands of dollars more. MPC is awesome but to me its not $2000-$3000 good. $600 usd. Want more inputs? use one of your mixers... want more midi ports? use a midi hub and still save hundreds of dollars. The form factor of the one sold me its classic square-ass mpc styling gave me a rager and i had to ha me dat. I bought mine whimsically and dont regret it i spend all my free time with it.

Sounds good. And yeah I feel that logic. It seems to be great value for money.
By KRXWNVXK Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:36 am
The MPC One's learning curve is not that steep. In fact I had a harder time learning the 2000XL at first. The main issues I had with the One was locating things. I didn't know where to record my sequences, find my samples, and etc. But that took 5 mins. As days passed I learned a whole lot about how to move around in it. And after a couple weeks I've been making beats, filtering my drums, chopping samples, EQ'ing my tracks like nothing. I really love the processor, it's fast enough. Although I wish I could upgrade (not upgradable) to at least 4 or 8gb of RAM. You'll find yourself waiting for things to load for about 8-10 seconds at times, but it doesn't mess up the work flow for me. The One is a blessing. Whatever u do, don't get rid of that 2500 if u still got it though. lol.
By Christov Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:29 pm
saltmcgault wrote:
KRXWNVXK wrote:Whatever u do, don't get rid of that 2500 if u still got it though. lol.

:Sigh: I agree.

Wasn't planning to do that anytime soon. Still a great machine on it's own.
By Christov Sun May 16, 2021 9:06 am
Finally preordered a One Retro edition. For some weird reason it had more or less the same price - well, 1 euro more - as the regular one. Gonna be a couple of weeks till it arrive, but that should give me some time to track out all the stuff I gotta track out of my 2500. Can't wait!
By Ultros Sun May 16, 2021 4:55 pm
Christov wrote:Finally preordered a One Retro edition. For some weird reason it had more or less the same price - well, 1 euro more - as the regular one. Gonna be a couple of weeks till it arrive, but that should give me some time to track out all the stuff I gotta track out of my 2500. Can't wait!

Lucky!!! good for you man, new toys for the win. when you get it in, if you have a camera would you mind taking some photos or a video? i'd love to get a a look at it from other angles.
By Christov Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:57 am
It arrived yesterday. Beautifull machine, updated it to 2.10 and played around a bit with the Mellotron, but other than that haven't really touched it yet. Perhaps later this week I can chop up some drumbreaks and whatnot and start figuring shit out.