MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By dustindef Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:05 pm
Hello!

Just purchased the MPC Live II retro. I have been using the Renaissance for 6 or years and have a few questions regarding the Live. First off. I installed a 500 GB SATA SDD. It seems to be working! My biggest question is how or can I work in controller mode and load that same project in standalone? This is the main reason I purchased this MPC. I made a quick basic beat in controller mode and tried to load it in standalone and it did not work. I see the project file saved in my Hard drive that's installed in the MPC, but no sounds or data is loaded when I load the project.

I want to be able to create projects with the renaissance and transfer them to the live for live use with my DJ setup. Currently the MPC software won't work in tandem with Serato DJ hence why I purchased the Live 2 to incorporate into my live routines.

Any feedback or advise is greatly appreciated!
By Lampdog Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:04 pm
That basic beat you made in controller mode lives on the computer, save that as new project, create the new folder that will house all the samples for it. While in controller mode you can drag that new folder into your LIVE's 500gb hdd. Disconnect controller mode, now your in standalone, you'll see it on your 500gb hdd, load it from there as you would any other standalone project.

Gotta make sure all your files for that project are in the same folder. Let's say the name of your basic beat is "5hunnit"

When you save it properly it would be:

\5hunnit
\5hunnit\5hunnit.xpj
\5hunnit\5hunnit [project folder]\
\5hunnit\5hunnit [project folder]\samp1.wav, samp2.wav, midi, seq, audio, etc etc.
By zangetsu01 Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:33 am
He doesn’t have to transfer files between the pc and his new drive. If the new drive is installed in his MPC the PC should recognise the drive and he can safe his project directly into his new drive. Once he switches to standalone his project should be there.
By Lampdog Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:02 pm
Ur right, that too, forgot about that. I usually use controller mode to tiddy up my standalone internal ssd is why I explained it like that.