MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Terrico Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:54 am
Is there a way to add an effect on one specific event on the grid within a sequence without effecting the other events in the same sequence from the same pad.

So basically I want to turn NOTE ON + REVERSE for one event on the grid without effecting the other events on the grid from the same pad. Is this possible?

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated!!!!
By bliprock Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:47 am
Reverse is not an effect though strictly speaking, it is a program automation and yes it can be done. I just tried it and never done it before actually. Pretty easy. 2 ways to do it. One way is as live automation recording and just hit reverse in the program window with global automation set to on. Or simply go to Sequence list edit window and hit insert event, set time, select pad, and then select reverse layer 1. simple. But you need two events here, one for ON and one for OFF. So you have the one hit reversed in your sequence but nothing else. Now it seems you have to have the Automation ON setting a tick before the event and the event OFF setting seems to work on the same time as the event, but you can do it a tick after. I just did a simple kick drum beat over two bars and got two of the drum kicks to reverse and not reverse the other ones. It will automatically add a OFF setting at start it seems so it wont reverse everything.
By 40Beatz Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:13 pm
Duplicate the Sample/Pad with Note On/ Reverse setting. And place it anywhere in the Grid
By Lampdog Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:17 pm
40Beatz wrote:Duplicate the Sample/Pad with Note On/ Reverse setting. And place it anywhere in the Grid

This is what I would do.