MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By ace_of_dub Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:05 am
Problem ironically is MPC Software and the fact is that AKAI also has to maintain it both for Windows and Mac. Not a lot of people outside people who own AKAI gear uses it, for good reasons, it feels clunky on a PC compared to other DAW. So it constitutes a significant burden for developers.

Purely speculative, but MPC Software might also get a complete make over for 3.0 so it might be the reason why release updates are so slow. And then there is the Force, with a different feature set, and the fact that it has to be compatible with Live projects, which it is not as of Live 11 when it comes to Live project import...

We also know that there is a new Force related product ( with keys) coming out.

This is a tricky situation for AKAI teams.
By 40Beatz Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:39 pm
I think Akai Should Pump their Brakes on 3.0 and drop a 2.9.2 with a Few Bug Fixes.

They Could run 2.9 updates, while Developing 3.0+....in Parallel.

For me...I'll Embrace Bug Fixes for now. Because we already know there'll be a WHOLE NEW set of Bugs/Complaints with 3.0
By alexbuga Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:38 am
I was asking about 3.0 because I asked a little bird which shall not be named about the Force Mixer view. And they told me MPC will be aligned with Force in 3.0.

After yesterday's update though, screw the mixer view :)))
By JonnyQuantum Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:43 am
I understand but sometimes there are things YOU may be aware of that others may not be. Like the Twitter post, Im not on Twitter or any other social media so its nice to come here for the down low. Its usually around the time we might be looking to upgrade a piece of hardware and would certainly like to get the latest and greatest info. Its all good =)

ace_of_dub wrote:People who are privy to these informations are not allowed to disclose them publicly, I don't know what you are expecting people .Only AKAI official channels will update you on the state of MPC OS. Last time there was leaks about the Force and AKAI wasn't happy with the leakers. There is even more secrecy now.
By JonnyQuantum Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:46 am
Its because people out of the loop like me who arnt on social media like to come here for the latest info before a hardware purchase really XD Its all good thanks

MPC-Tutor wrote:I still don't understand why people keep asking 'when' the new release is due. No one knows how long it will take to fix bugs, it takes as long as it takes.
By JonnyQuantum Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:01 am
Hey, thanks for the insight. Has any of this been addressed / fixed with the latest firmware / hardware updates? Specifically on the X and LIVE 2..? How about the Force?

Which of the latest MPCs is your favorite for (syncing) external gear? (No legacy gear please =)

JQ

>>>

https://www.thomann.de/de/e_rm_midiclock.htm?o=2[/quote]

This is the exact device I slave my MPCs to.

The Live slaved to the ERM is jittery and latent. The synths getting that clock from the Live's outs are as well.

The 4000 setup the exact same way is dead on the grid and the synths are as well.[/quote]
By Monotremata Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:15 am
JonnyQuantum wrote:Its because people out of the loop like me who arnt on social media like to come here for the latest info before a hardware purchase really XD Its all good thanks

MPC-Tutor wrote:I still don't understand why people keep asking 'when' the new release is due. No one knows how long it will take to fix bugs, it takes as long as it takes.

And anyone here that IS in the loop is legally not allowed to give out any information about upcoming releases, even if they have it. Nobody here has any secret information the beta testing team doesn't, and the beta testing team is under a non disclosure agreement, so there is NO information about anything until Akai themselves let it out. When Akai announces it, that's when we all find out about it.
By EnochLight Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:06 pm
JonnyQuantum wrote:The Live slaved to the ERM is jittery and latent. The synths getting that clock from the Live's outs are as well.

The 4000 setup the exact same way is dead on the grid and the synths are as well.

Can you record a video and post an example of what you're describing? I use my MPC (and Force) to control hardware, and I have no problems that I can detect.
By JonnyQuantum Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:24 pm
@Methlab said this not me, I'm curios also. Which MPC are YOU using?

JQ

>>>
EnochLight wrote:
JonnyQuantum wrote:The Live slaved to the ERM is jittery and latent. The synths getting that clock from the Live's outs are as well.

The 4000 setup the exact same way is dead on the grid and the synths are as well.

Can you record a video and post an example of what you're describing? I use my MPC (and Force) to control hardware, and I have no problems that I can detect.