MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ruthful_Productions Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:11 am
I been having that problem with the "Looking For Computer" controller mode with my Windows 10 PC. I know many people had this problem, when I last checked. I don't know if there is a topic out there already, with this solution or another, but I wanted to post just in case. If there is a topic out there already explaining this, I apologize, but I couldn't find one.

Now, for the solution.

1. In Windows start menu (press the windows key), type in services and select the app "services"

2. In the services screen, look for and double click "MPC Live II Audio Device Monitor", or you can highlight a service by select one and type in MP (it's like a keyword search)

3. Now you are in that service and under the general tab (the one that opens up first), you will now look for startup type, then drop down that menu and select "Automatic" and hit Apply (bottom right).
- This step is to keep it from doing it again.

4. Now you will look for service status: and check to see if it's running, if it's not running; hit "Start" and your MPC screen should show. Hit "OK" and your ready to go!

Hope this helps
By themixtape Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:24 am
Any tips for Win7 users? Like a lot of other people... I'm stuck on the "Looking for Computer" screen. However, Win7 does detect my MPC One's SD card, and it shows up as a drive. No clue what I'm doing wrong. I know I can't update the MPC Software to 2.10 because that's Win10-only (and they're not exactly clear about that)... but yeah, no plans on upgrading, as I hate Win10.

Any help is appreciated, thanks so much!
By BostonGreen Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:13 am
I had same issue with MPC One. I ran the installer again, the MPC software had a tick next to it to say it was installed, but immediately below was a driver install that DIDNT have a tick next to it. I ran the driver installer and fixed the problem.
By SLANGEDIT Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:50 pm
Came here to share my success came from both reinstalling MPC on my desktop computer AND installing the driver on my computer for my specific device (MPC LIVE 2). Both are included in the MPC computer software download.

See reference below...

By BerryVery Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:56 pm
Ruthful_Productions wrote:I been having that problem with the "Looking For Computer" controller mode with my Windows 10 PC. I know many people had this problem, when I last checked. I don't know if there is a topic out there already, with this solution or another, but I wanted to post just in case. If there is a topic out there already explaining this, I apologize, but I couldn't find one.

Now, for the solution.

1. In Windows start menu (press the windows key), type in services and select the app "services"

2. In the services screen, look for and double click "MPC Live II Audio Device Monitor", or you can highlight a service by select one and type in MP (it's like a keyword search)

3. Now you are in that service and under the general tab (the one that opens up first), you will now look for startup type, then drop down that menu and select "Automatic" and hit Apply (bottom right).
- This step is to keep it from doing it again.

4. Now you will look for service status: and check to see if it's running, if it's not running; hit "Start" and your MPC screen should show. Hit "OK" and your ready to go!

Hope this helps

Had the same issue, but on the MPC X. This helped me in 2 mins. Great solution and better than downloading and installing drivers, like some other proposed solutions say.

Thanks for saving me the time!

{and Akai:.... come on, prevent this stuff}
By EnochLight Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:55 pm
BerryVery wrote:
{and Akai:.... come on, prevent this stuff}

Has it never worked for you, or did it just stop working randomly? :hmmm: Regardless, glad you got things sorted.
By r1ght30us1 Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:50 pm
SLANGEDIT wrote:Came here to share my success came from both reinstalling MPC on my desktop computer AND installing the driver on my computer for my specific device (MPC LIVE 2). Both are included in the MPC computer software download.

See reference below...

Thanks man!! You have saved me alot of hassle with this. When you spend over 600 quid on a top end piece of kit, you don't expect problems like this. Actually i will correct that, in this day and age and in my experience with AKAI products, you DO expect this. The funny thing is their products are good but their support is total BS. I was ready to smash this MPC One into pieces. There should be a proper manual packaged with proper step by step instructions of how to activate your plugins/content/etc.. Overall the consumer feels totally left in the lurch. And when you spend top whack on a product, that's unacceptable.