MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Parialated Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:11 pm
So its not a software breaking yet very very very very annoying glitch with the playerhead that white line that moves from left to right when playing a sequence... it glitches so it leaves like 8 or 9 lines on the screen before dissapearing and it does that the whole time, is there a way to get rid of this annoying ish??
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Sz3Qg2Nvrh37DJCFA
wasnt able to add the picture through the add image option appearantly.... cause im a noob...
but yeah anyone any tips to stop having them lines on the screen?
By Parialated Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:26 pm
Yeah like i said its not breaking, and i just avoid looking at the laptop, but i do have issues with it, im a bit odd like that, persisting glitches distracts and frankly angers me at the point i really prefer working in stand alone, so i really hope it will be fixed really soon, cause it is annoying AF
By 83dude Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:56 pm
Are you on Windows 10? Try deactivating high dpi scaling for MPC Software (or in compatibility, set it to „app control“). Also, some audio drivers reportedly „hiccup“ in rare occasions during installation, try uninstalling everything related, restart the computer and install again.
By Parialated Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:02 pm
83dude wrote:Are you on Windows 10? Try deactivating high dpi scaling for MPC Software (or in compatibility, set it to „app control“). Also, some audio drivers reportedly „hiccup“ in rare occasions during installation, try uninstalling everything related, restart the computer and install again.

Hey i just went to dpi settings and i standard have it on 125% and when i put it on 100% the issue dissapeared... so that issue is sorta fixed, but i hope we can soon be able to put it back on 125% without the sticky playerheads, cause i like my screen better at 125%
By Ultros Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:59 pm
Anyone else notice the manual states to plug in the supplied "usb 3" cable, but the unit actually comes with a usb 2 cable? I doubt I'm the only one, but I read the cables for the standards and my mpc one definitelty didnt come with the proper usb 3 cable! Might be something to look into to solve the lattency issues...

If you think about it you're transfering alot of info across that cable. lets say the resolution is 1280*800 in 32bit (4 bytes) thats 1280*800*4 thats 4096000 bytes per-cycle or 4000 kilobytes, or roughly 4 mb per-cycle. Now times that by 30 fps -we'll aim on the low end. 4mb (per frame) * 30 (frames per second) = 120mb / sec just in video if its raw frames and we can double that value for 60fps. Usb 2.0 caks out around 480 mb / sec in optimal conditions, and there is also other info being sent on time too, sound, midi. Usb 3.0 has lattency up to 4.8 gb / sec so it'd be a better suited cable and bus for the task. ...And then there are some gpu's that dont meet the spec needed and lag as well.
By Parialated Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:08 pm
Ultros wrote:Anyone else notice the manual states to plug in the supplied "usb 3" cable, but the unit actually comes with a usb 2 cable? I doubt I'm the only one, but I read the cables for the standards and my mpc one definitelty didnt come with the proper usb 3 cable! Might be something to look into to solve the lattency issues...

If you think about it you're transfering alot of info across that cable. lets say the resolution is 1280*800 in 32bit (4 bytes) thats 1280*800*4 thats 4096000 bytes per-cycle or 4000 kilobytes, or roughly 4 mb per-cycle. Now times that by 30 fps -we'll aim on the low end. 4mb (per frame) * 30 (frames per second) = 120mb / sec just in video if its raw frames and we can double that value for 60fps. Usb 2.0 caks out around 480 mb / sec in optimal conditions, and there is also other info being sent on time too, sound, midi. Usb 3.0 has lattency up to 4.8 gb / sec so it'd be a better suited cable and bus for the task. ...And then there are some gpu's that dont meet the spec needed and lag as well.

:hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:
you made me feel dumb.... :roll:
By Ultros Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:38 am
Hehe don't feel dumb we each have our strengths. The take away is use your usb3 cable to go between mpc and pc and make sure its plugged into a usb3 port. It will yeild better results. (its printed on the cable btw in micro print) if switching cables doesn't resolve the issue then it might be gpu (or lack thereof) related. In all honesty you bought a really cool stand alone machine. The pc stuff is a hinderance, that stuff is for people who cant afford an mpc x, live or one and use a cheapo controller. Despite the pc software being of greater depth it's counter intuitive to the $1000 mpc standalone box lol.

good luck happy programming!