MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Parialated Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:44 pm
Were the programs that were included with the mpc Renaissance and other first gen mpc software device better than those that are included in the mpc software 2.0> Like i have the mpc live 2 now, and i friggin love it, but the included kits have so much unneccesary sounds synths etc... which are cool, but if look for a drumkit i just want dope clean drums... and the older kits included have that... luckily i still have them cause i am opening old tracks i made on the mpc ren on the mpc live and i got to take my hat of for akai for the backwards compatibility they offered since day 1....
By Parialated Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:47 pm
i mean i like the new kits too, but they contain so many pre-made melodies and stuff... i dont like that...once a blue moon it works, but yeah...
by the way are the kits that were originally included still there and i just cant find them between the new ones?? or are they indeed totally different drumkits?

i know i know i know
im on some ''Back in my day Sh*t''
By Lampdog Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:19 pm
I've found some good use for the pre-installed mpc x drumskits (sames ones on your Live 2) but I also use alot of Tutor's kits.

For the default drums and sounds, you could snatch away any and all processing the Live is doing (if they are flattened then you stick with that). Some of the sounds become more "normal" and pale so you can then add your own aural colors.
By Parialated Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:22 pm
Lampdog wrote:I've found some good use for the pre-installed mpc x drumskits (sames ones on your Live 2) but I also use alot of Tutor's kits.

For the default drums and sounds, you could snatch away any and all processing the Live is doing (if they are flattened then you stick with that). Some of the sounds become more "normal" and pale so you can then add your own aural colors.

good call, and yes i would lie if i said i didnt utilized some of the new kits....