MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By misterflibble Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:51 pm
@kaydigi does MPC2.0 work with Big Sur now on a M1 Mac following the latest 2.10 firmware update and the associated MPC2.0 release? And you said you’re using an original MPC Live?
By SakisX Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:42 pm
kaydigi wrote:My launch MPC Live now works in controller mode on my Mac M1 using Big Sur.

I also tried the MPC Studio Silver with no luck, didn't try the Renaissance since it uses a driver similar to the Studio,

In the changelog it mentions MPC Studio black should work , I don't think there is any hardware difference with the Silver one ,but I did read that currently the drivers are messed up for the studio
Maybe at some point (next bugfix release?) you could give it a go
So, if you do , could you please check the Ren too ? I'd love using the Ren with a fanless M1 laptop :)
By kaydigi Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:26 pm
misterflibble wrote:@kaydigi does MPC2.0 work with Big Sur now on a M1 Mac following the latest 2.10 firmware update and the associated MPC2.0 release? And you said you’re using an original MPC Live?

Yes I’m able to run my MPC Live in controller mode on my M1 Mac Book Pro using 2.10.

It’s running through Rosetta. The only issue I have seen is the there is a visual lag when switching quick links.

It’s less than 1 second of lag. The lag is just visual, on the controller the qlink switches normally.
By kaydigi Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:43 pm
SakisX wrote:
kaydigi wrote:My launch MPC Live now works in controller mode on my Mac M1 using Big Sur.

I also tried the MPC Studio Silver with no luck, didn't try the Renaissance since it uses a driver similar to the Studio,

In the changelog it mentions MPC Studio black should work , I don't think there is any hardware difference with the Silver one ,but I did read that currently the drivers are messed up for the studio
So, if you do , could you please check the Ren too ? I'd love using the Ren with a fanless M1 laptop :)

Where did you read about the studio not working? I would like to follow the conversation .

I’m about to check the Ren for you.
By kaydigi Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:46 pm
SakisX wrote:

So the Ren and Silver Studio use a separate driver installer. It's separate from the Live's, One, X's, I tested the Ren and Silver studio and unblocked the security preferences, no luck. Both controllers do not work.

This could be a M! thing, the Akai site shows that the Silver Studio is working under Big Sur.

https://inmusicbrands.force.com/akaipro ... r-Akai-Pro
By SakisX Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:52 pm
kaydigi wrote:So the Ren and Silver Studio use a separate driver installer. It's separate from the Live's, One, X's, I tested the Ren and Silver studio and unblocked the security preferences, no luck. Both controllers do not work.

This could be a M! thing, the Akai site shows that the Silver Studio is working under Big Sur.

Thank you very much for testing , if it works at some point I won't sell the Ren (especially now they claim they fixed the LCD bugs)
Although it doesn't mention Ren at all ,but Studio is listed on Big Sir & M1
https://www.akaipro.com/amfile/file/dow ... roduct/10/
By kaydigi Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:37 pm
SakisX wrote:
kaydigi wrote:So the Ren and Silver Studio use a separate driver installer. It's separate from the Live's, One, X's, I tested the Ren and Silver studio and unblocked the security preferences, no luck. Both controllers do not work.

Thank you very much for testing , if it works at some point I won't sell the Ren (especially now they claim they fixed the LCD bugs)
Although it doesn't mention Ren at all ,but Studio is listed on Big Sir & M1
https://www.akaipro.com/amfile/file/dow ... roduct/10/

I just remembered, my wife has an Intel based 2020 Mac book air running Big Sur, I’m going to install Mpc on that and see if the ren and silver studio runs on it.
By kaydigi Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:00 am
So

Intel Mac Book Air 2020
MPC Silver Studio Worked 100%
MPC Ren Worked except for the audio interface (which hasn't worked since Mojave)

Used the same driver on the M1 Mac Book Pro
Silver Studio and Ren did not work

as a bonus

Maschine MK1
Did not work on M1 Mac Book Pro (driver is blocked from installing)

Maschine MK2
Seems to work fine in the MPC software but I did a light test. MK2 also works fine in Machine 2 software
By Monotremata Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:13 pm
kaydigi wrote:Just tried an MPC Studio Black on a M! Mac, does not work even though this driver is included in the installer. It does work on Intel Mac with Big Sur.

Well thats a relief to hear. I've still got mine sitting in the case, haven't even turned the thing on since I bought my Live 2 and half years ago. Think Im gonna try and sell it off before Akai drops it altogether haha.
By SakisX Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:58 pm
kaydigi wrote:Just tried an MPC Studio Black on a M! Mac, does not work even though this driver is included in the installer. It does work on Intel Mac with Big Sur.

Strange , release info states Studio Black should work on M1 , although on announcements they consider M1 as not supported
THanks for testing the Ren too :)
Well I didn't expect for the Ren to work on M1 and no x86 laptops with passive cooling and decent performance out there ,so I'll sell it. I really preferred Ren over MPC One for desktop controller
By kaydigi Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:35 pm
I’ll try the MPC Black again. I’ll test it on a windows machine to make sure the unit is working.

Edit update

I tried the MPC Black on Windows 10 and on my iMac (Catalina), it works fine on those computers. I can't get it to work on the M1 Big Sur though.

I'm going to try to uninstall the drivers and retry the install.

second edit

Still no luck, deleted and uninstalled everything. Still can’t get the studio to work. I’ll call Akai tomorrow after work.
By DokBrown Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:22 am
for an OS that was geared to multimedia, MAC OSX does not appear to be developer friendly ??? I still think the macbook is a great combo of hardware/software but compatibility is NOT its strongpoint.