MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By kaydigi Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:43 am
DokBrown wrote:for an OS that was geared to multimedia, MAC OSX does not appear to be developer friendly ??? I still think the macbook is a great combo of hardware/software but compatibility is NOT its strongpoint.

And just think, Akai did Big Sur drivers just now while Monterey is right around the corner,
By Monotremata Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:29 am
DokBrown wrote:for an OS that was geared to multimedia, MAC OSX does not appear to be developer friendly ??? I still think the macbook is a great combo of hardware/software but compatibility is NOT its strongpoint.

Yeah I feel the same way about it and Ive been using Mac's since OS 7 or so. Its not even multimedia anymore, its trying to do everything at once. Those artsy days kind of died along with Steve Jobs I think. Thats when Apple went from backing the 'crazy ones' and 'thinking different' to trying to take over the world with the iPhone. The Mac user base 15+ years ago was all like musicians, graphic artists, publishers, film makers, teachers, etc. I mean everybody knew one freak kid that had a Mac at home but that was mainly it. Now its geared for everyone and their grandma. Better make sure that health notification doesn't pop up reminding you its time to go to bed in the middle of a vocal tracking session! I still dig the OS, Ill always prefer it to Windows, but yeah it sure isn't what it used to be.

@kaydigi - I didn't test the MPC software or the plugin at the time but controller mode still worked in Monterey with the 2.9 drivers so it'll probably be good when it comes out. Only reason I had to go back was because a couple PSP plugins I use in every Ableton/Logic project crash, otherwise the only thing of mine that 'broke' in Monterey was Audiofinder. Everything else was up and running just the same as Big Sur.