MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Bonsaipanda Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:47 pm
The problem with deleting the factory content is that a lot of the file locations are written into the internal settings file, which is not accessible to the end-user. On the next boot, when the settings file (and possibly some other state save) is pointing to files that don't exist, you either get a halted boot (with an error on the terminal) or crippled boot that takes long to start and doesn't have some of the stuff loaded on screen.

If you do delete the factory contents, do not delete the folders, just the files. I would recommend not deleting anything and just getting an additional save media. I have separate warnings for not messing with the internals if one has SSH access, but folks most likely know not to do anything in there.
By 40Beatz Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:34 pm
:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Finally!!! A Worthy Explanation On Why You Should NOT Delete the Factory Content.

No Reason To Delete It Other Than OCD :lol:
By Lampdog Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:19 pm
I KEEP saying DON’T DELETE ANYTHING but muhfuccas gotta lurn da hard way.
Then in PM’s be asking me for a restoration file. For many reasons, nuh uh, nope.