MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By KRXWNVXK Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:07 am
as a whole after I chop my samples up without having to add the same effects to every individual pad? I noticed after I chop my samples I haven't found the way to add the effects I want to them all without having to individually add them to each pad. Anyone can help me with this? I would like to be able to do it after i chop them and not before
By Lampdog Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:09 pm
Standalone? Tap the lil eyeball in the sequence area.
The very first icon is for singular pads, the black area is for effects for a single pad. Tapthe black are to add fx.

You can place diff fx for different pads here. The other eyeball icons are for program (add fx to an entire program), midi track (no fx) and master output (add fx to the master output).
By Lampdog Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:11 pm
Bonsaipanda wrote:Also, don't add effects to pads, use FX returns and send the pads to the effect channels.

I do all of that almost all the time. Send, returns, pads, program fx.
By Ultros Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:48 pm
*removed* insane incoherent rambling response.
Last edited by Ultros on Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Monotremata Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:06 pm
Lampdog wrote:
Bonsaipanda wrote:Also, don't add effects to pads, use FX returns and send the pads to the effect channels.

I do all of that almost all the time. Send, returns, pads, program fx.

Thats one of the best features (aside from you know being an MPC to begin with).

Load those effects up until the cows come home just because we have the ability too! Need more?? Flatten that shit and get ready to rumble in round 2, 3, 4, etc.. Here comes the fattest, most distorted and heaviest twisted Reese bass you ever heard! Its a hell of a lot quicker than resampling with my EMU!
By Lampdog Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:32 pm
As much as I love(d) my 4k and it's fx I HAVE to give it to X for it's FX.

Would be great to have a better UI for fx all in one place, BUT, STILL, it's through the roof in fx
flexibility.
By Bonsaipanda Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:18 am
Of course you *can* stack as much effects as possible on the pads (I cook up tasty dub techno chords with multiple phasers and delays etc), but as a rule of thumb, I recommend starting with send FX and adding more only when it's absolutely necessary. Just to keep the CPU usage down and keeping the structure simple. ^.^