MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By JEBariffic Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:44 am
Greetings! I like to record audio tracks from my Korg wavestate onto my MPC live 2. Often the wavestate patches have echo or other sound that extends beyond the end of the sequence I’m recording to. I would like to be able to keep that trailing sound, allowing it to overlap into whatever next sequence comes up. If that makes any sense, hoping someone can tell me if and how that can be accomplished? Thank you!
By 83dude Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:25 am
JEBariffic wrote:Greetings! I like to record audio tracks from my Korg wavestate onto my MPC live 2. Often the wavestate patches have echo or other sound that extends beyond the end of the sequence I’m recording to. I would like to be able to keep that trailing sound, allowing it to overlap into whatever next sequence comes up. If that makes any sense, hoping someone can tell me if and how that can be accomplished? Thank you!

I‘d suggest e.g. setting the pad‘s polyphony to „2“, instead of typical „Mono“ - considering you are referring to a drum program.
By Lampdog Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:06 pm
Make the sequence longer. Record, then shorten the sequence again. Use 83’s method and the audio should keep going into the next track.

Or just sample and use “2” polyphony.

You aren’t stuck, there are ways to get that done. I’ve done the drum track/sample method a few times.