MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Parialated Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:45 pm
I have an issue where layered three drumloops to go under my own drum sequence i had them on the same program as the kicks and snares etc....
the drumloop somehow sidechain my sequenced drum pattern.... so i thought okay i duplicate the program and move those drumloops to a different track ... but the problem still exists, even weirder on of the drumloops is sidechaining the first kick of the other drumloop, the rest of the kicks come through fine, but that first kick somehow gets cut out....
what is happening and how can i fix it??
By Lampdog Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:50 pm
What does all your Polyphony options look like?
By Parialated Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:53 pm
Lampdog wrote:What does all your Polyphony options look like?

No the first thing i checked was polyphonic it was on 16 and just to try it put it up to 64...
thats not it, even weirder is that this issue didnt exist when i made and played the beat in standalone....
By Lampdog Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:26 pm
Oh, it's in software. I can't help. I don't use the software.
By Parialated Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:22 pm
Lampdog wrote:Oh, it's in software. I can't help. I don't use the software.

i cannot blame you, its riddled with glitches....
i checked it and indeed in standalone no issues with the same beat...
By Lampdog Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:27 pm
That software has NEVER lived up to it's MPC name. Should have never stamped that on there imo.
By Parialated Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:00 pm
Lampdog wrote:That software has NEVER lived up to it's MPC name. Should have never stamped that on there imo.

Jup, it isnt that bad though, i came from having a renaissance and deeply loved it and had a hard time using mpc software 2.0 on the MPC Ren, it never clicked with me being radically different than software 1.x,. Due to circumstances i was forced to sell my gear, and now luckily got back with a mpc live 2, i decided to mainly use it stand alone the first weeks to ease myself in and familiarize myself... and it really clicked with me, but as a controller within the software not so much, but its still decent though, but yeah a lot of minor annoyances and glitches, but i really like to use certain vst's and lot of my older project contain vst's so yeah... but im happy to be back on board again though and have high hopes for 3.0 as i do better understand the structure and workflow with in 2.x software
btw are there actually people that work for akai on these issues on this forum?? i was thinking about recording every glitch or issue i see and if possible a workaround and collect them all in a thread
By Lampdog Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:00 pm
They used to come here, lurk, rarely post, nowadays nothing or str8 lurk and never post.
This place is not affiliated with Akai at all. Record your bugs here if you like (pretty sure others would like to see them anyway) but you'll have to use the software official route to report.