MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mixomatosys Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:44 pm
Why the hell is the Hybrid synth plugin only available while in controller mode on the Live/One?? I love the sounds on this plugin but it's so frustrating not being able to use it in standalone.
By ace_of_dub Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:34 pm
Only AKAI themselves can answer that question and they are not on this website.
Last edited by ace_of_dub on Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By EnochLight Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:55 pm
mixomatosys wrote:Why the hell is the Hybrid synth plugin only available while in controller mode on the Live/One?? I love the sounds on this plugin but it's so frustrating not being able to use it in standalone.

Because currently the only standalone synths supported are Drum Synth, Tube Synth, Bassline, and Electric.

CURRENTLY. :wink:

But I'd rather have Hype Synth from Force on the MPC as opposed to Air Hybrid.
By Lampdog Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:05 am
EnochLight wrote:I'd rather have Hype Synth from Force on the MPC
By Ultros Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:38 am
I'd be happy with the hypesynth presets damn it, I don't wanna buy a force for them though lol. I cant do anything about hypesynth in either force or mpc without them. I've never even heard hype synth... I bet it's fun lol. One day i'll scrape the links to force stuff and patch it in.
By KRXWNVXK Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:50 pm
EnochLight wrote:
mixomatosys wrote:Why the hell is the Hybrid synth plugin only available while in controller mode on the Live/One?? I love the sounds on this plugin but it's so frustrating not being able to use it in standalone.

Because currently the only standalone synths supported are Drum Synth, Tube Synth, Bassline, and Electric.

CURRENTLY. :wink:

But I'd rather have Hype Synth from Force on the MPC as opposed to Air Hybrid.

Yeah, I hope to see them add some better vsts in the future. Would be nice to have a more vast selection.
By Masi Tue May 30, 2023 8:22 pm
Hybrid is an old synth. Porting to the MPC platform is probably too much effort.

If AIR has salvaged enough code to create Hype they might make a new release of Hybrid. OTOH Hybrid cannot win against Serum, Massive or Pigments. So it would only make sense IMHO to make it MPC only to ask for any substantial price. I wouldn't buy Hybrid for MPC for more than 100EUR.

And probably I still wouldn't buy it because very likely I cannot load custom wave tables. You cannot do than on the original Hybrid. And - so stupid! - you cannot do it on any of the new MPC synths.
By EnochLight Tue May 30, 2023 10:58 pm
joe1234596789 wrote:ugh. for god sake

Nice 2+ year old dead thread resurrection, "joe". :lol:

joe1234596789 wrote:my garbage horseshit MPCONE is going to ebay
for **** sake

:popcorn:
Last edited by EnochLight on Tue May 30, 2023 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By mpc_fan_2022 Tue May 30, 2023 11:00 pm
> Nice 2+ year old dead thread resurrection, "joe". :lol:

And a bullshit post on top of that.

> Hybrid is an old synth. Porting to the MPC platform is probably too much effort.

Odyssey was also an very old synthesizer, one of the first Odyssey emulation (made by Wayoutwhere)

So your argument doesn't stand basic scrutiny.
By Lampdog Tue May 30, 2023 11:28 pm
Odyssey goes hard, imo.
By Ultros Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:04 am
Lampdog wrote:Odyssey goes hard, imo.

It's such a neat sounding synth, but for some reason I can never make it fit in my songs and it kinda bums me out. I guess it's probably my style or perhaps my primitive uninventive nature with music. Se8ems a bit of a shame to neglect it.
By jpeg Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:19 pm
Ultros wrote:
Lampdog wrote:Odyssey goes hard, imo.

It's such a neat sounding synth, but for some reason I can never make it fit in my songs and it kinda bums me out. I guess it's probably my style or perhaps my primitive uninventive nature with music. Se8ems a bit of a shame to neglect it.

this the same issue I have even when the FX are turned off I tend not to get them to fit into beats; but am mostly a sample based beat maker with hip hop leaning.

I think these synths require u to be a decent sound designer and be able to play keys to really take advantage of these, but Odyssey does sound good as does this new Jura.

but everytime I try make a beat with the in built syths it comes out as a house beat, lmao so dats who these plugins target is.