MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Preme100X Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:42 pm
Auto chopping:is great...but is it possible to put a sample in a program....and manually copy the sample to a different pad and chop each individual pad differently?
By Ultros Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:42 am
Yes absolutely. What you wanna do is go to "sample edit". Click "trim" on the bottom left side it will turn to "chop" then you will see options for inserting markers by bpm, threshhold, regions or manual.

When you are done inserting your markers, press and hold shift and tap convert. Then chose new drum program using slices.

Make a drum beat or something and bounce it to a sample and try creating a chopped up program with it to get the hang of it. its not too tough, just hidden!
By NearTao Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:01 am
Manual chopping will probably get you close to what you want.

Once you're done manual chopping, unlink "Link Slices" and adjust start/end points from there per chop to get a bit of a looser feel.
By Ibunshi Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:00 pm
When I render a sequence into a drum loop that I'd want to be able to trigger slices of, I just copy it into a bunch of different pads, then I set start/end points of the first pad, for example the kick and maybe some hihats that follow.. then I use the flatten pad feature to render it to that pad..

After this, I just repeat the process for the rest of the hits I want to chop up.
By TrackDiesel Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:31 am
Just highlight the portion you want, and use the extract feature
By TrackDiesel Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:32 am
I'm an old school head so im used to chopping more manually on the eps 16, the 1k and the 500 and i always found autochop to be lazy, and i found myself doing things i wouldnt normally do, it changed how my beats sounded when i did. So i personally always use extract, its interesting how lazy some people are they cant even chop lol, no offense to anyone yall can do as you please. I feel manually chopping keeps the blade sharp