MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Mista Wet Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:55 am
Hello all. I own the MPC One. I have my data on my sd card. I plan to use the USB slot for an external SSD drive. Is there any way possible I can backup my sd card to the SSD drive connected to the USB port?

Thanks in advance.
By Ultros Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:13 am
I don't think so dude. I've not found a way to do any file copying at all aside from loading the kit and saving the kit... Maybe pc or phone with otg cable and a usb hub. (how i do it)
By MPC-Tutor Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:30 am
There's no file management in the MPC browser (e.g. copy, paste, move etc), so you would have to put both drives in your computer and transfer that way. With other MPCs you'd be able to do this by connecting the MPC to the computer via USB, but as the MPC One doesn't currently support this, physically taking out the drives is the only option unless you are talking about backing up a handful of projects, in which case load a project into memory and re-save to your other drive, then repeat for all the projects you wish to copy.
By TrackDiesel Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:35 am
Well what i do is open up the beats off the SD, then you can go ahead and save it again on your external HD. It may take longer but its easy to do. I've lost SO many beats over the years due to zips, floppies and CF cards failing so i save them twitce on sd, twice on my external HD, then on pc. I am nuts i know but its better than disaster