MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
Byfdh_459593iw Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:49 am
Hello
I’m new to Mpc live 2 - I am trying to find out what included expansions are for standalone can anyone confirm that it is only f9 audio and sonic boom ? I am assuming the others (bank , wub etc are for software ?
Thanks very much
B
By Ultros Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:01 am
Register your MPC on the https://www.akaipro.com website and you will get all kinds of links to expansions and software that are available to you. It's well worth the time. You can import the soundbanks to the unit after installing them on pc.
Byfdh_459593iw Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:06 am
Thanks for the reply , what I really need to know what ones are standalone expansions that I can put into my Mpc live , only the f9 audio and sonic boom say standalone ?
By NearTao Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:31 am
Not sure about your account... but on mine I've got

Factory Content: The Vault
Sound Content: Essential Instruments
Sound Content: EDM & Future House
Essential Sound Libraries
Factory Content
F9 Audio Expansion Pack
Sonic Boom for MPC Live II

I believe all of that content is MPC expansion format. Some of it you may need to install onto your computer, and then you can go through the expansion pack export process in the software to get it onto your MPC.
By bra10 Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:22 am
Installing expansions on stand-alone without the MPC software is a pain in the a**.

I bought 3 discounted expansions and in the end I extracted the files and manually copied them on my SD-drive. That way you have full access to all the stuff but you can´t choose it under expansions in your browser.

I´m a bit ambivalent about the AKAI expansions. As the factory content I find them often too overprocessed and therefore need some work to fit in the mix with other samples, e.g. my NI Maschine expansions.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:00 am
I find it odd that Akai continue to sell these older expansions without adding a standalone installer, it wouldn't take too long to make one up and would save customers the hassle, plus many don't use the MPC Software at all. YOu don't need the MPC software to export to standalone though, check the instructions near the end of my article: https://www.mpc-tutor.com/mpc-expansion ... ete-guide/

BTW, all my expansions come with a standalone installer, just copy it to the 'Expansions' folder on your MPC disk and it will appear in the browser as an expansion.

https://www.mpc-samples.com/section.php ... xpansions/
By NearTao Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:39 am
If you're finding the expansions over processed... check to see if there are FX on either the pads or the program. Sometimes you just need to turn that stuff off.
By Lampdog Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:22 pm
NearTao wrote:If you're finding the expansions over processed... check to see if there are FX on either the pads or the program. Sometimes you just need to turn that stuff off.

:nod:
By 40Beatz Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:28 pm
bra10 wrote:Installing expansions on stand-alone without the MPC software is a pain in the a**.

I bought 3 discounted expansions and in the end I extracted the files and manually copied them on my SD-drive. That way you have full access to all the stuff but you can´t choose it under expansions in your browser.

If you keep all your Downloaded Expansions in a Folder called "Expansions" in the Root Directory of your SD Card, They All should Should show up when you press Expansions. I dont really use that "Expansions" tab up top anyway. Its more convenient for me to press "Places", SD Card/HDD, and double click on "Expansions"
Byfdh_459593iw Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:01 pm
Hello
What I’m trying to find out is what expansions are for standalone Mpc live 2 only and what expansions are for software only - On Akai account the only f9 and sonic boom SAY standalone- Doed this mean that bank, wub, 809 are for software and not standalone -
Thanks
By 40Beatz Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:45 pm
All Expansions are for Both Hardware and Software

You may be confusing Expansions and Plug-ins
By 40Beatz Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:13 pm
I think thats because when you download an Expansion(.XPN) File, its wrapped up in a file that can only be read by Either Windows or Mac. Once the Expansion is extracted from that (.XPN) File to either Mac or Windows, it can be imported as an Expansion (.XPM) that can be recognized in the Software or Hardware.

Just download the Expansion for what Computer you have! Then Import it into the Hardware with the MPC Software
By kaydigi Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:14 pm
40Beatz wrote:All Expansions are for Both Hardware and Software

You may be confusing Expansions and Plug-ins

When Akai released the Renaissance and the studio they released the 4 vst plugins.

The problem is that they added the word expansion to the name.

So for example in your account it shows 809 expansion or 809 plug-in expansion and people think they are standalone expansions. It’s a whole **** with Akai in that regard.