MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Terrico Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:33 pm
Good Day Everyone,

Im trying to send one of my projects over to someone so they can have a look at my project in detail. They asked me if I could include the stems. My question is; is it possible to send a file that includes all Sequences, Programs, and tracks. Thank you
By 40Beatz Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:08 pm
If he has one of the Newer MPCs, you should be able to just send him the Project File (.XPJ)

I think the stems are all packaged in there. Not 100%
By Lampdog Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:46 pm
No there is not 1 individual file that contains everything.
By DokBrown Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:35 pm

If you have popped your SD card into your laptop, you will realize that the file structure is a bit messy & will only make sense to another MPC. audio files are the only thing fully exchangeable between MPC , maschine, fruity loops. I keep ableton around for this sole purpose; its position as a flexible industry standard has made it the default for sharing projects.

https://splice.com/features/studio

I never use LIVE to make music now that I have the MPCLIVE but if I need to work with an artist who does not have an AKAI; ableton is the way to do it: midi/audio ; session/arrangement view. These Berlin geniuses brought the future back to today for relatively cheap.

By DokBrown Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:41 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Yes, build your song in song mode, convert to a single sequence. Then in MAIN hit the folder icon at the top of the page, select EXPORT and check the 'Explode tracks' box. This will create individual WAV files for each track in the sequence, i.e. 'stems'.

When you convert to a single sequence, I believe you only get 1 tempo. I like my sequences to have slightly diff tempos even in a straightforward beat. I assume the akai FORCE has an improvement over this ??

Regardless, That explode button is KRIT. I just wished it could save the stems outside the project onto my SD card & not waste my 2GBs.