MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By moonsnake Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:46 pm
Hey I just got an MPC One and I'm in love but momentarily confused.

I recorded a sweet melody with an instrument from the F9 expansion pack. Later when trying to build on that same melody the instrument sounds different and I cannot recreate my original sound. It might have to do with some parameters I changed but I'm not sure. Maybe someone can help me.

The instrument is called Inst-Guitar-F9-Mod-Guitar.xpm
When I load it from the browser it has the effects: AIR Delay, AIR Reverb and AIR Channel strip.

The first image shows the beginning of my melody in grid mode. I guess it involves some kind of chords since five keys are highlighted although I just pressed one pad at a time. If I try to recreate the melody (second image) it highlights only three keys and does not sound as good.

Any ideas on what parameter I need to change to find my original sound?

Best regards,
Moonsnake
By Ibunshi Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:00 am
Yeah, sadly, it seems that projects do not save Pad Perform settings properly..

It seems to be a bug, because there's times when it does load up the settings that were in use for that project.. Other times it just loads up with some default settings...

And because I've got so many projects I'm working on, I've become forced to take pictures like it's a time before it was possible to save settings on hardware.
By Lampdog Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:38 pm
Ibunshi wrote:I've become forced to take pictures like it's a time before it was possible to save settings on hardware.
By Smackdee Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:04 pm
Yeah this is where Akai had a WTF moment, why go through the trouble of implementing pad perform (which is great by the way)but not being able to save the settings with the project :WTF:

Now tracks that I use pad perform on, I save with key info in the Name of the track/sequence, points me in the right direction if I haven't loaded up that track in a while!!!!