MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Sabaiion Tue May 04, 2021 4:09 pm
Still havent got to the bottom of the usb issue but I bought a new midi cable, tried it and it autosampled a treat. So I can start experimenting now!
By Lampdog Tue May 04, 2021 4:46 pm
Do you have a USB hub between Brute and MPC? If so it is best to use a powered hub.
By Sabaiion Tue May 04, 2021 8:44 pm
Lampdog wrote:Do you have a USB hub between Brute and MPC? If so it is best to use a powered hub.

Just straight from the brute to the MPC.
By Lampdog Tue May 04, 2021 11:11 pm
I'm at a loss for advice to give on your USB problem.
By 709beats Thu May 06, 2021 2:52 am
Hi there, created an account to help you with your problem!

Change your current track type to MIDI Program. Open the sidebar and select the uhh track view? The icon with the three sideways bars. Set the MIDI Output to your USB-connected synth. Turn on the monitor in the Sampler window and you should be good to go. Happy sampling.
By Sabaiion Thu May 06, 2021 11:32 am
709beats wrote:Hi there, created an account to help you with your problem!

Change your current track type to MIDI Program. Open the sidebar and select the uhh track view? The icon with the three sideways bars. Set the MIDI Output to your USB-connected synth. Turn on the monitor in the Sampler window and you should be good to go. Happy sampling.

Cheers dude. I will give this a go when I get home.
By Sabaiion Thu May 06, 2021 3:57 pm
709beats wrote:Hi there, created an account to help you with your problem!

Hey, so I made sure that the Midi output is set to the synth on the track view. I can trigger the synth with the mpc, levels all good just no sound when autosampling.

I used a normal midi 5 pin cable and the autosampler worked totally fine. But its not like the usb isnt sending data because I can play it fine with the mpc.

For now I will just have to use a 5 pin cable.
By Lampdog Thu May 06, 2021 5:00 pm
Did you try using a different usb 2.0 (white plastic) cable for midi. It's just a regular old school printer cable.
By 709beats Thu May 06, 2021 5:19 pm
Weird, that’s what worked for me. It did only work when the track with the midi program was active — if I switched to another track, the autosampler stopped working. You might need to be on the program with the midi track in the main screen for it to work. If that doesn’t do it, I’m out of ideas, sorry!
By 709beats Thu May 06, 2021 5:20 pm
(They really should just add the midi send device options to the autosampler page)