MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By 40Beatz Mon May 10, 2021 6:38 pm
Lampdog wrote:Do NOT save/delete ANYTHING to internal "AZ01" drive. Instead use your own SD card and/or install a hdd (bottom cover underneath). Been stated on the boards here several times.

After every update "reset hardware". You will likely run into problems if you don't. Been stated on the boards here several times.

The manual is a great thing, make sure to note skip ANY small print. MPC Bible is also highly recommended from several forum members.

EXPERIMENT while making beats, touch/press everything to see what it does.

ALWAYS eject media before removing.

Most important, HAVE FUN, learn it's capabilities and sometimes you'll need to combine those in order to do something.

Don't just come up with capabilities/features it "should" have out of the blue. Check the manual for what it "does" do and then formulate your solution. You'll quickly end up frustrated if you endlessly compare it to real software daws because it's not that.

This Should Be A Sticky w/"Please Read 1st" lol
By Smackdee Mon May 10, 2021 8:03 pm
After using the Live for 3 months straight, I'm coming to the realization that I want the X as well, love the MPC workflow not crazy about the menu diving and Q link switching on the Live and as a heavy sample chopper/slicer/ sample manipulator, I can see how the extra Q-links and buttons would help my workflow ten fold!!!!
Another thing is comfort, it's like you have to be sitting directly over the live not in front of it!!!
By Lampdog Mon May 10, 2021 9:31 pm
I messed with a friends Live for a week first. After that I quickly found out EXACTLY what you just found out and I went with X. I don't regret it 1 flowers bit! Do it man do it! Heavy chop/slicer, well shyt you will LOVE having all q-links RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF YOU. Less menu diving also, buttons help ALOT, Tilt screen helps ALOT. Bigger screen too, as a lil bigger than 9in iPad screen. I DO wish I had a bigger SHIFT button and soft pad-keys like Live but nothing wrong with the semi-mpc 3000 feel of the X buttons either. Nothing at all.