MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mr_debauch Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:53 am
i don't own one but i am thinking yes, because with on a computer you select the output device to be the mpc, and the speaker amplification circuit of the machine i would guess is tapped off the analog outputs post DAC. Same way the headphone output works.
By EnochLight Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:24 am
Bsolo wrote:Hello
Trying to find out if you can use the Mpc live 2 built in speaker when in controller mode ?
Thanks

mr_debauch wrote:i don't own one but i am thinking yes, because with on a computer you select the output device to be the mpc, and the speaker amplification circuit of the machine i would guess is tapped off the analog outputs post DAC. Same way the headphone output works.

Yes - you can use Live 2's built-in speaker in Controller Mode. In Windows, you have to select "Speakers - 2 Akai Professional MPC Live II Audio" from the Taskbar speaker icon, or under your Sound Settings. I'm sure there's something similar in Mac OS. :nod: :smoker: