MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By StStone Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:55 pm
If someone is looking for a Bluetooth keyboard, I can recommend the Korg microKey air.
It works wonderfully with my MPC Live II.
I am esspeciayl very impressed by the quick reconnection when the microKey is switched off and on
this is not always the case with bluethooth devices...
By MPC-Tutor Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:49 am
It's a nice mini keyboard, key action feels decent considering the small key size and bluetooth connection is perfect, 37 key range is useful. My only gripe is that it is impossible to get full velocity out of the keys, not even close to 127. This appears to be a common complaint, the latest firmware (2019) didn't address this. Perhaps it was a bad batch or something, seems weird that they wouldn't address something obvious like this. I bought mine as an (admittedly very cheap) refurb direct from Korg, so you'd have thought if it was a problem with a particular hardware run they would have fixed this on these units before re-selling them....maybe....

So most likely will sell it as I also have a minilab Mk2 which I use for portability (no bluetooth though!).
By Ultros Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:26 am
MPC-Tutor wrote: My only gripe is that it is impossible to get full velocity out of the keys, not even close to 127.

Heh, staple of korg hw! even my microkorg doesnt hit a full 127. my mpk mini play is actually more sensitive than it (but has the sloppiest keys I've ever touched). I just gave away a usb korg microkey 49 for this reason. Loved the feeling of the controller and the wheels but it just didnt hit the pressure right.
By ShengTao Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:56 am
StStone wrote:If someone is looking for a Bluetooth keyboard, I can recommend the Korg microKey air.
It works wonderfully with my MPC Live II.
I am esspeciayl very impressed by the quick reconnection when the microKey is switched off and on
this is not always the case with bluethooth devices...

Agree 100%. The 25 key version snuggles up in front of the Live so perfectly, almost like it was made for it. Add an ipad, and you've got an endless source of synths to sample.
By 83dude Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:03 pm
I prefer cable solutions and the Arturia Microlab is a perfect fit. But each to his own.

Bluetooth is easy and great, but I can‘t stand putting batteries or similar in; if it has an internal battery, charging leaves you with a cable again, although it generally leaves another port free (MIDI, USB). I never noticed any odd latencies, but my BT keys always ran empty at the most inconvenient times.
By johnnytravels Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:53 am
I actually found this thread trying to connect mine to a live 2.
It’s working with my iPad and MacBook but it seems it’s not showing up on my live 2, latest firmware 2.12.1
Anything I need to consider?