MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By danh1027 Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:37 pm
Just got a Live 2 this week, set up the software last night and installed a few expansions. However, when i go into controller mode it only shows the expansions not the standalone factory sounds. Do i need to install these into the software somehow? When i go back to standalone mode the factory kits are there.

Thanks!
By Lampdog Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:00 pm
Welcome!

Congrats on the Live 2!

Some factory sounds are available on Akai's website once you register you product. You can download and place into software.

Standalone default internal drive "AZ01" (where the sounds your looking for are) is not accessible in controller mode.

Controller mode is your machine controlling the software and the software's contents, not what's in the machine itself.

ALSO:
DO NOT delete the default "AZ01" internal drive. On past MPC's many of us made it a practice to delete everything and build our own library, this is a mistake on newer mpc's. Instead use SD Card and/or install your own HDD (bottom cover under your Live 2) for storage.
By danh1027 Thu May 06, 2021 6:27 pm
Lampdog wrote:Welcome!

Congrats on the Live 2!

Some factory sounds are available on Akai's website once you register you product. You can download and place into software.

Standalone default internal drive "AZ01" (where the sounds your looking for are) is not accessible in controller mode.

Controller mode is your machine controlling the software and the software's contents, not what's in the machine itself.

ALSO:
DO NOT delete the default "AZ01" internal drive. On past MPC's many of us made it a practice to delete everything and build our own library, this is a mistake on newer mpc's. Instead use SD Card and/or install your own HDD (bottom cover under your Live 2) for storage.

Thank you!!!
By Lampdog Thu May 06, 2021 9:54 pm
Some of the software expansions can also be loaded into the standalone machine.
In controller mode you can view the SD that's inside your mpc.

Maybe this can explain a few things.
https://www.mpc-tutor.com/mpc-expansion-packs-complete-guide/

And another.. This has helped LOTS of people!!

https://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/268/mpc-bible/