MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Parialated Sat May 01, 2021 4:45 pm

I think akai should completely revamp, change or add least add linear/horizontal song mode....from left to right
where all tracks within a sequence are converted in blocks or clips, and in song mode you can click on the block which would bring you immediatly to the right sequence, the right track and grid to add, remove or change notes.... you should be able to size the block (on quantize or even quantize off) and you should be able to copy paste blocks further along the song and it should automatically create a new sequence..
this would also make recording audio in song mode way easier, and makes composing/structuring a song way way way faster.... they could add it as a extra song mode feature or just completely change the current song mode....i made an awful drawing (dont bully me!) to kinda illustrate what i mean, its basically how any other daw functions....
opinions??? people with extra ideas??? or am i wrong....
By Parialated Sun May 02, 2021 1:15 pm
I just watched the MPC Force Arranger mode demo, and its basically what i was thinking, so i feel kinda dumb now. Good news is Akai has the tech to implement this....
the bad news is, i feel this arranger mode might not come to mpc live or mpc x, i feel the MPC X MKII is going to be a mashup of mpc x and the mpc force.....
but i really hope something like this will be implemented in mpc software 3.0
By zangetsu01 Sun May 02, 2021 2:27 pm
Parialated wrote:I just watched the MPC Force Arranger mode demo, and its basically what i was thinking, so i feel kinda dumb now. Good news is Akai has the tech to implement this....
the bad news is, i feel this arranger mode might not come to mpc live or mpc x, i feel the MPC X MKII is going to be a mashup of mpc x and the mpc force.....
but i really hope something like this will be implemented in mpc software 3.0

Yeah I wanted to say that this somewhat implemented in the Force as Aranger mode.
By Parialated Mon May 03, 2021 1:45 pm
Smackdee wrote:Yeah I agree about adding a linear song arrangement and do think we'll get that seeing what they've done with the Force but please the OG songmode too!!!

I agree, and force arranger mode is really based/focussed on ableton live (which i never did understand and its not the workflow/software for me) so yeah they should build on top of the current song mode, for multiple reasons for example it might interfere with older projects and their structure. But i do hope they take the arranger mode and customize it for the current song mode, but to me horizontal lineair edition is the way to go... nothing has to change it should build on top what is already there... and make the grid for the right track in the right sequence immediatly accessible when clicking on the block/clips on the track of your choosing....
By Ultros Mon May 03, 2021 6:45 pm
You can kinda have fun sequencing in a few other ways as well.

If you bounce your layers, you can load them into a clip program then create a new 128 bar or w/e sequence and record your clip sequence or plot it in the "grid view" with that sort of familiar tracking lay out you want.

Another option is to bounce your sequences and do the same thing as mentioned above then just render.

If you use a clip program to plot your song you can apply fx to the program as well so you can get silly widit and apply all those tape stops and pauses and studders and why stop there? once you have the clips all sequenced out you can open an audio track and grab the mic and lay down vocals in one take.