MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Terrico Sun May 02, 2021 4:17 pm
Happy Sunday Family!!!!

What would be the optimal master level range for your finished project. The project Im currently working on peaks at approx -6. Is it common to increase or decrease the master level manually to achieve the
desired reading or should you make adjustments at the programs level? Thank you

Have a bless-ed Sunday
By NearTao Sun May 02, 2021 11:23 pm
The Effect under "Dynamic" -> Air Maximizer has a few different options that are not too bad if you just want to get your levels to peak at 0db. Or you could render out your audio track and then normalize it.

Honestly though, if you're mixing to -6db, this is a pretty good way to start as it will help give you consistent levels. If you're just working on your mix, technically what your target is doesn't terribly matter per se, just that you are getting all of your levels where you want sounds to be placed. On the other hand, if you're looking for mastering, to get to a particular sound, overall db level, tone, whatever... you're going to ant to look into how to master your sound.

I'm not quite sure which direction you're going at the moment... so I guess I'll stay tuned.
By Terrico Mon May 03, 2021 3:23 am
Ive mixed all my tracks together and im about to enter song mode but im concerned about the master level peaking out at -6. (I hope that answers your question)
I guess i can go back and make adjustments at the pad level so that I can peak out at 0db
By Genereal G Mon May 03, 2021 7:10 pm
Gain Staging For my mix for mastering:

AIR Maximizer: Per Track/Sound -14
: Master -12

I export stems and a Master .wav....... this way......
By Lampdog Mon May 03, 2021 11:08 pm
Make up for any db loss with a maximizer.