MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By acidpimp Mon May 03, 2021 4:30 am
I’ve searched the manual, and internet and can’t figure this out.
I make a perfect loop in looper, and want to export it or save it as a clip with the original BPM, so I can easily load it into future clip programs. I can only export it as a sample that reverts to 20bpm when loaded in a clip program. My workaround is to put the original BPM in the file name, and change it in clip program, but it seems like you should be able to export your loop as a clip automatically.
Am I missing something?
By ace_of_dub Mon May 03, 2021 6:31 am
You need to generate a new sample with the proper BPM. You go into sample edit mode > timestretch and it will generate a new sample file at the suitable BPM. There are no "clip objects", only patched phrases but then it's not timestretching.
By Seedylee Mon May 03, 2021 1:02 pm
I’ve had the exact same issue, and as far as I can tell there is no way around it - it appears to be a design flaw or bug.

I suspect the MPC attempts to automatically detect tempo for any new sample, regardless of its origin. When it can’t correctly detect the tempo from an analysis of the audio, it sets it to 20. I think I’ve even had the same issue when using the resampler function - intuitively, it should set the tempo of the new sample to the tempo of the project or sequence, but it doesn’t. It attempts to auto detect it from the Audio and gets it wrong.

Unfortunately the only workaround I have found is to manually set the tempo of any new samples or clips to the project tempo. Hopefully this will
By Jean-Marc Liotier Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:55 am
Seedylee wrote:I suspect the MPC attempts to automatically detect tempo for any new sample, regardless of its origin. When it can’t correctly detect the tempo from an analysis of the audio, it sets it to 20. I think I’ve even had the same issue when using the resampler function - intuitively, it should set the tempo of the new sample to the tempo of the project or sequence, but it doesn’t. It attempts to auto detect it from the Audio and gets it wrong.
I confirm that resampling from main output does that - I too wonder why the tempo isn't the project's by default... I suppose that it is because the looper is entirely independent from the project structure, apart from taking the start/stop messages.

It isn't too much of a problem though: the only critical step to watch for is setting the looper to the same number of bars as the resampled sequence - otherwise it will be automatically stretched/compressed to the loop length. That too should be the sequence's length by default.

I would love to have Looper as an additional track type: that would be more practical than the looper to clip program tedium. And it would also make audio tracks obsolete - good riddance !