MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Terrico Wed May 05, 2021 5:56 pm
the last event from one sequence is carrying over into the next sequence and I don't want that.

I want that last event to stop as soon as the next sequence begins.

keep in mind, the end of the one sequence uses a different program then the following sequence and they do not share the same program. I cannot use the NOTE ON function as that will effect everything else in other sequences.

Can someone give me advice or give me a topic to research. thanks for the help
By Terrico Wed May 05, 2021 10:26 pm
Oh wow Lampdog!!!. You brought some great news my way; I never knew that was possible brother. How would I do that? Can you direct to the specific chapter in the Manual?

Thank you
By Lampdog Thu May 06, 2021 12:38 am
The page where NOTE ON is at, go there.
Tap the pad you want to cut.
Assign MUTE GROUP 1 to your long note pad.
Touch another pad, assign that other pad to the same mute group.
Now they can cut each other off.

Why can't you use NOTE ON? Doesn't matter if the other sequence uses a diff program. NOTE ON will not affect everything in other sequences when used correctly. Use the "tear drop" at the top of the LFO MODULATION page and select CURRENT, whatever pad you touch will show directly to the left of that tear drop and now you are ONLY EDITING that one pad. Turn on NOTE ON and follow the previous advice.

Why can you not do NOTE ON?
By Terrico Thu May 06, 2021 2:14 am
I can’t use note on because it will effect all of the other sequences where I used the same program. So basically my programs are copied. So I’m stuck on how to cut off that event without effecting all the other sequences using that same pad. So what you are saying is I can use the mute groups for two entirely different programs? I though mute groups were limited to the same program only. Thanks for sharing your knowledge
By Lampdog Thu May 06, 2021 1:09 pm
Mute group is 1 program.
Make another mute group in the other program.
There is not always 1 thing to get something done.

Sometimes you need to combine features to get 1 thing done. Know your machine and it’s features and then you can combine things to get you where you wanna go.

I feel like you don’t know enough about or have experimented with many many features. You gotta experiment like Dee Dee.

By saltmcgault Thu May 06, 2021 9:51 pm
You can use a blank pad in the program of the sample you are trying to cut off at the end of the sequence and assign that blank pad to mute that sample you want to stop at the end of the sequence and use the grid edit screen to assign that blank pad at the very end of the sequence. It's kind of like solrac's option but you're just using that blank pad to mute other pads with samples on it. There's more than 1 way to skin a squirrel.