MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ricky88 Thu May 06, 2021 3:04 pm
Hey I'm brand new to the MPC one and the sampling world. Been watching a ton of tutorials, however i keep running into the same problem when it comes to recording something I have sampled. When i play it back to listen, it seems all well and fine in the sequence and then there will be one moment where the sample will be displaced by an eight note.

I thought it might be my execution on the pad, but I've done it multiple times...and it's definitely not that.

any help is appreciated, thanks
By Lampdog Thu May 06, 2021 3:21 pm
You can nudge events into place via GRID EDIT.
You can turn timing off (best solution, requires practice) and work on your own pad banging timing.
By NearTao Fri May 07, 2021 12:31 pm
+1 to Lamp... for some elements it might be worth turning Timing Correct off, or to a 1/16, 1/32, 1/64 quantize instead of whatever you are at now.

I'd also check your samples to make sure Start position is correct. Sometimes with quantize you might need to adjust sample start to get it to sound "right".
By Lampdog Fri May 07, 2021 2:33 pm
Yep. Many ways to skin that squirrel!