MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By danh1027 Thu May 06, 2021 6:33 pm
Got an MPC Live 2 last week, loving it so far but struggling to figure out the best way to connect everything. I'm basically going to list out what i'm using and if anyone can offer any advice i'd really appreciate it! I consider myself more of a performing musician than producer so hoping i can set everything up the way i want in my head.

Synths/keyboards: Sequential Prophet 6, Korg Kronos, Nord Electro 4D, Behringer Model D are all being fed into a Mackie VLZ1402 in stereo. I run the mixer into one of the inputs of a Roland KC500 and run a cable to another KC500 in stereo link mode.

What's the best way to involve the MPC? Mixer into the inputs of the MPC, then MPC into the Roland amps? Or RCA from the Mixer into the back of the MPC. Or should i run all my synths via USB into the MPC and run the output of the MPC into another channel on the Roland?

Thank you!!
By Lampdog Thu May 06, 2021 9:46 pm
All gear audio to mixer (less mpc).
Mixer audio to MPC line in.
MPC audio out to Speakers.

This way you can sample/audio track whatever goes through the mixer if needed.
MPC line in acts as a sample in AND/OR 2chnl mixer so this is a good thing.
--------------

USB 3.0 powered hub IF doing usb midi.

All gear's usb to the usb 3.0 powered hub (less mpc).
Powered hub to mpc. Very important to use a "powered" hub the manual states. Things will not
go well if you don't.
By NearTao Fri May 07, 2021 12:33 pm
Follow lamps advice given you just kind of said "here's a bunch of gear".

If you've got something specific you want to do... like filter everything through Kronos or something... let us know, one of us can help out if you're not quite sure.