MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By tritata Sun May 09, 2021 2:32 pm
Good day.

Running MPC One 2.9.1

I recorded audio into audio track. I can see a corresponding sample in the sample pool. Audio track plays the sample recorded correctly as part of whole sequence. Saved the project.

But anytime I reload project the audio track has no sample assigned. I have to reassign sample from sample pool each time the project is loaded. Is there any way to store audio track sample assignment?
By Lampdog Sun May 09, 2021 3:45 pm
On X I started a new project, made a simple beat, put an audio track to it, saved project. Turned off X, turned on, reloaded that same project and the audio track played back right where I left off.

Did you try a hardware reset in preferences?
By Lampdog Mon May 10, 2021 4:21 pm
Yep, general rule, always do a hardware reset after any and every update.
Glad you got it working. You may be able to still use files from that "project data" folder.
Try to load them in a blank project one by one and save project after each one. Once you reach a corrupt file you will know it, skip that one and keep loading the rest one by one as you might be able to salvage some of the project IF it's that important to you.

I've done this with various samplers and usually found that I can keep maybe 60-70% of stuff.