MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Bsolo Mon May 10, 2021 12:57 pm
I would really appreciate your help with the following issue I’m having , I have installed the Mpc software with my Mpc live 2 and it is working ok , however there are no expansions in the software drop down menu on the right hand top side of screen , When I click on expansions manager it shows 5 expansions (bank , 809, noise , wub ) and these all have red ticks next to them but don’t appear in the expansions area ???

The optional air virtual instruments- Are these expansions and should they appear in the expansions tab in the software????
and are they available for standalone????
Loom , vacuum pro, velvet, expand, mini grand , db33, the riser , air effects
Sonic boom , f9 audio,
Session drums ?

I’m finding the Akai account page for downloading expansions really confusing as to what is expansions and what is for standalone and software???
By kaydigi Mon May 10, 2021 1:52 pm
Did you actually install the expansions? The first 5, bank, wub, noise, 809, etc) are plug in expansions.
Open a plug in track and select it like any other VST.

Same as Loom , vacuum pro, velvet, expand, mini grand , db33, the riser , air effects and session drums.

The others are sound expansions that can be installed on your Mac/pc or standalone
By bitermc Mon May 10, 2021 2:13 pm
Actually, the Bank and MiniGrand have a subfolder with all the wav sounds used in the plugins, so somebody with a huge amount of patience and spare time could map them to keys, adjust the ADSRS, filters and loops and save them as .xpm files that could run in standalone mode...