MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Lampdog Tue May 18, 2021 4:34 am
NearTao wrote:best comment I saw for the Retro was "it films better than the OG" lol

:lol: :lol:
By marctronixx Mon May 24, 2021 2:54 am
I had the OG black. sold it to get the retro. It looks realllly nice in person.

Since I carried my OG around in my backpack, I opted to get a decksaver cover to protect this brighter finish.

i had the live (and the X) but the live is just not backpack friendly. with the build of the ONE, I can carry it, my 17 inch laptop, a 12 inch tablet, a power bank, and my AKG N90Q cans (they are huge), and a 1.5L bottle of Essentia water all in a standard size amazon purchased chinese backpack. With the LIVE I had to use my UDG producers bag which was HUUGEE and there was no way i could put all this stuff in the back pack.

by the by, when i got this, it comes in the standard OG box! I was freaked out GC sent me the wrong one but on the box they put a sticker to show its the retro version. you can kinda see the sticker on the box in the photo above, so be aware when you get it.

By Christov Mon May 24, 2021 4:31 pm
marctronixx wrote:Image

Nice pictures. It's bizarre that Akai hired some photographer and a graphic designer for their own pictures and whatnot and are able to make a beautifull product look alot less nicer than it really is.
By Monotremata Mon May 24, 2021 6:36 pm
Damn I dig it even more seeing those pics. Im not going anywhere with my OG Live until I go with an X so come on Akai and put out a retro one or hurry and put out the next gen already so I can get one!