MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Monotremata Fri May 14, 2021 5:15 am
Christov wrote:So you can change the default padcolours? That'll be perfect.

Umm, thats what the 'Pad Color' menu item is for?
By Bombbeats4000 Fri May 14, 2021 7:25 am
NewAkaiUser wrote:If this is not a sticker, it will look very good.
Remember that this still is the same buggy software inside :vomit:

It is NOT a sticker. Like I said, just with the alive 2 version it's an complete casing.
No fingerprint magnet at all.
Really looks good in real life.
The only thing they didn't get right is the blue around the 16 pads and the transport button section.
It was never blue but grey.

I will put my Live 2 retro next to my 2000 classic and take a picture.

Edit:. Tried it but this forum sucks when it comes to display pictures.
Last edited by Bombbeats4000 on Fri May 14, 2021 7:52 am, edited 7 times in total.
By Bombbeats4000 Fri May 14, 2021 7:28 am
Ultros wrote:I wonder if later we can just buy the abs casing for like $60 online and swap the guts. save epic $.

It's more than just a casing, it's also the 16 pads that are grey and all the buttons are different in color compared to the Black or Goldversion.
Nah, that's not doable and certainly not cheap if you were able to source those parts.
By Ultros Fri May 14, 2021 9:19 am
Bombbeats4000 wrote:
It's more than just a casing, it's also the 16 pads that are grey and all the buttons are different in color compared to the Black or Goldversion.
Nah, that's not doable and certainly not cheap if you were able to source those parts.

That is a mind boggling justification if cost and ultimately will be why you end up paying more for the same things others have.

I have some magic beans if you are interested?
By Bombbeats4000 Fri May 14, 2021 12:44 pm
Ultros wrote:
Bombbeats4000 wrote:

That is a mind boggling justification if cost and ultimately will be why you end up paying more for the same things others have.

I have some magic beans if you are interested?

No idea what you mean.
I think my post is to the point as you can't just create the same look with just a case swap nor can you do that with a skin.
So if you like this retro look the only way is to pay extra and it's not that bad.

People do comfortably pay 69 bucks for a decal skin so costs are not an issue for fans.

In case you don't like it then simply don't buy it.
By Ultros Fri May 14, 2021 5:06 pm
Bombbeats4000 wrote:No idea what you mean.
I think my post is to the point as you can't just create the same look with just a case swap nor can you do that with a skin.
So if you like this retro look the only way is to pay extra and it's not that bad.

People do comfortably pay 69 bucks for a decal skin so costs are not an issue for fans.

In case you don't like it then simply don't buy it.

Dude get bent a plastic replacement / button replacement isnt rocket science. You might be able to convince some people but not me. I can do ANYTHING i set my mind to its why I succeed and others suck eggs. dont tell me wtf i can and cant do
You may not be able to figure it out but given access to the components id have it together in 20-30 min..
By Lampdog Fri May 14, 2021 5:12 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:

Yes, in the pad colour screen there's a 'make default' option at the bottom. This will make all new programs use the new preferred colour setup, but it won't change existing programs.

By Christov Sat May 15, 2021 4:24 pm
Monotremata wrote:

Umm, thats what the 'Pad Color' menu item is for?

Don't have one yet, so I don't know the OS yet. But good to know.

@mpctutor thanx for the info.

@lampdog thanx for the screenshot
By Lampdog Sat May 15, 2021 6:00 pm
By Christov Mon May 17, 2021 5:12 pm
Yeah in that video it looks way better than in the Akai promo stuff.
By Lampdog Mon May 17, 2021 11:45 pm
I know right.

It aint shit you can say that wasn’t said before besides color.