MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Bombbeats4000 Wed May 12, 2021 6:06 am
As for the Live 2 Retro.
The coating is totally different and not a fingerprint magnet like the Live 1.
I have had the live 1 and I now have the 2 Retro so I can say this with certainty.
It's a major upgrade and the grey pads and all looks sick.

I love the MPC One retro look but you will always see people that don't like that.
Now waiting for the retro X.
I think Akai will do that next just to once more boost sales before they come out with new gen hardware.
By Christov Wed May 12, 2021 7:32 am
40Beatz wrote:Akai Suggested Price $899....So It'll be probably in that $850-950 Range

Ah okay, 899 dollars is around 740 euro. That's like 50 euro's more than the regular black One. That's reasonable, for me at least.
By Smackdee Wed May 12, 2021 7:52 am
Like all the retro editions at this point and as someone else mentioned, I definitely want to see what they do with the X!!!!!!
By MPC-Tutor Wed May 12, 2021 8:05 am
What would have been really cool is that the retro editions are more than just a different skin for the case, they have a special retro skin for the firmware and for the pad lights, which replaces all the colours with the more muted, old style red grey, blues, etc found on the legacy MPCs. And a built in floppy drive and SCSI port.
By CHOPFYT Wed May 12, 2021 9:15 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Yep, the black mpc models are dust and fingerprint magnets. I assume these retro ones won't suffer as badly

I guess the gold (as gaudy as it is) prevents some of marking issues?
By Christov Wed May 12, 2021 5:52 pm
Shit, just looked at my regular music store, you can preorder it there for one euro more than the regular black one goes for. Really tempted now.
By DokBrown Wed May 12, 2021 6:13 pm
I’m waiting for some brave man to open these new MPCS up & dip them in candy paint ;-)

http://www.forat.com/service/index.htm
By Monotremata Wed May 12, 2021 6:41 pm
Man I want that signed picture of Chaka Khan on the wall!

Ive seen a few folks on the Facebook group that have painted their enclosures.. There's a guy on our local Offer Up site advertising to do it too. I really just want mine redone in like Krylon Ultra Flat Black but I don't want to lose all the silkscreening on it haha.
By Ultros Thu May 13, 2021 11:07 am
I wonder if later we can just buy the abs casing for like $60 online and swap the guts. save epic $.
By ShengTao Thu May 13, 2021 11:56 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:What would have been really cool is that the retro editions are more than just a different skin for the case, they have a special retro skin for the firmware and for the pad lights, which replaces all the colours with the more muted, old style red grey, blues, etc found on the legacy MPCs. And a built in floppy drive and SCSI port.

Yes, I was thinking an old school monochrome screen mode would be cool too. Maybe as a settings option? I agree about the pad colors not matching.. I gave my live the retro makeover, and changed my default pad colors to white/grey/red.
As for the drives, I'd settle for usb support of optical and zip drives!
You could always glue an old floppy bezel to the front of it as a prop/joke/conversation starter.
By Christov Thu May 13, 2021 12:21 pm
So you can change the default padcolours? That'll be perfect.
By Lampdog Fri May 14, 2021 5:07 am
Genereal G wrote:Update 3.0 please!