MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mattjet Tue May 11, 2021 2:43 pm
Hi boys i discover this fantastic community about akai's music production,i ve read the forums,looking web reviews,and video.Now my question is starting from 0 to made house music tracks,5-7 mins lenghts (only stand alone mode with no pc or other stuff connected) which one is better mpc one or force?i ve read lot of problems about force memory is not enough and lots of problems.Please suggest me.
By Ultros Tue May 11, 2021 4:09 pm
The force has a much nicer workflow. Better is subjective. The board inside of both the decives is the same.

Force has a better work flow for folks with external hardware like synths, guitars, bass or whatever. It's really neat in the way you can press record, tap a square on the matrix and record a clip. Collumns are instruments, rows are sequences. When you're all done filling in the matrix, you can hit record and sequence it into the aranger by playing the sequences in whatever order you want which makes producing your final song super fast.

MPC has the classic segment based workflow which is awkward and kludgy but the same idea can be applied to "clips" in the mpc so its kind of a toss up for me.

I am sure others will have better ideas toward why which one may be "better" but tbh owning both would be nice. You could easily own a force and not need an mpc though.
By elstebbano Tue May 11, 2021 5:08 pm
I also would say force.
It jas 8 knobs which can be programmed with macros (change many parameters with one knob), a crossfader and for me the ableton style setup makes more sense with electronic music..
By EnochLight Wed May 12, 2021 3:29 am
mattjet wrote:Hi boys

:hmmm: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mattjet wrote:Now my question is starting from 0 to made house music tracks,5-7 mins lengths (only stand alone mode with no pc or other stuff connected) which one is better mpc one or force

Force. Hands down. I own both Force and the MPC (Live 2 actually) and I find making house/techno/etc just a lot easier and more intuitive on Force. Plus, the Force mixer is leagues above the MPC (currently), not to mention the absolutely fantastic Hype Synth that comes with it. With Force you can't go wrong.

That said, if you're set on an MPC One due to financial choices, it can easily hold its own in those genres, and Akai is constantly releasing updates for it.
By mattjet Wed May 12, 2021 12:27 pm
EnochLight wrote:
mattjet wrote:Hi boys

:hmmm: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mattjet wrote:Now my question is starting from 0 to made house music tracks,5-7 mins lengths (only stand alone mode with no pc or other stuff connected) which one is better mpc one or force

Force. Hands down. I own both Force and the MPC (Live 2 actually) and I find making house/techno/etc just a lot easier and more intuitive on Force. Plus, the Force mixer is leagues above the MPC (currently), not to mention the absolutely fantastic Hype Synth that comes with it. With Force you can't go wrong.

That said, if you're set on an MPC One due to financial choices, it can easily hold its own in those genres, and Akai is constantly releasing updates for it.

thank you very much Enochlight is not about financial choices i've 1000€ budget and force now is in stock for that price.the question is more about im not practice,is my first music station production and i dont understand nothing,only i ve understand from the web force have more intuitive and easy interface.Thank you again for your suggestion