MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By emdog Tue May 11, 2021 10:12 pm
No one got it up in here? Thought I'd see something in here about it. Just got mine a couple weeks ago, makes my beats sound even better.
By Monotremata Tue May 11, 2021 11:08 pm
I think just about everybody here was in agreement it was an ugly ass cash grab hah.
By Lampdog Wed May 12, 2021 1:33 am
Boooo.
By emdog Wed May 12, 2021 2:45 pm
you guys dont like the way it looks or you dont like supreme or you dont like akai doing a supreme? cause in person it really does look dope
By Lampdog Wed May 12, 2021 4:08 pm
Monotremata wrote:............ ugly........
By Bezo Wed May 12, 2021 7:03 pm
emdog wrote:you guys dont like the way it looks or you dont like supreme or you dont like akai doing a supreme? cause in person it really does look dope

I like the red on red. But I would never support 3rd party branding like this, especially since it cost more.
By Ultros Wed May 12, 2021 9:38 pm
MF's would have to PAY ME for advertising.

"Wutchu want man?"

By Monotremata Thu May 13, 2021 12:23 am
Yeah personally I think its pretty obnoxious, but beside that, even if it was a graphic I liked, thats like an extra $4-500 just for a paint job. And thats the retail price, some of those things are MPC3000/60 prices on eBay now hah. The Live inside does the exact same job the plain old grubby black model does, no more, no less.

Maybe if they did a Premier edition... :-D
By AWW~NAWW Thu May 13, 2021 2:24 pm
I actually liked the way they did it. The red pads and casing looks a lot better in person. I had a chance to get one but went for the retro instead. I'm more than happy with my decision but The Supreme model has a presence.
By Parialated Thu May 13, 2021 2:29 pm
emdog wrote:No one got it up in here? Thought I'd see something in here about it. Just got mine a couple weeks ago, makes my beats sound even better.

how exactly does it make your beats sound better???
By Smackdee Thu May 13, 2021 3:02 pm
Parialated wrote:
emdog wrote:No one got it up in here? Thought I'd see something in here about it. Just got mine a couple weeks ago, makes my beats sound even better.

Lol I hope/think he was being sarcastic!
By EnochLight Thu May 13, 2021 3:15 pm
I just watched (admittedly there are few) "unboxing" and "first look" videos on the Supreme Live 2. Here's my thoughts: 1. not a fan (hate that big white lettering) 2. the color seems almost orange-red to me, which I don't like 3. all of these videos suck.

For those who own the Supreme, does the finish get changed to a more durable finish, or is it still that rubberized soft plastic?
By saltmcgault Thu May 13, 2021 3:58 pm
Parialated wrote:

The kicks just hit different.