MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By PatchWilliam Wed May 12, 2021 5:02 pm
I have a MIDI chord progression that I bounced out of Ableton and saved to my SD Card on my MPC One.
I have a track in my sequence set to control my external Novation synth. That part is working as it should.

What I want to do is load the MIDI progression onto the track so that it will play on my synth. I'm able to load the MIDI to the Sequence, but not at the track level.

The reason I do not want to load the MIDI progression at the Sequence level is that I would like to be able to load some other MIDI information, like a bassline, and send that out at the same time within the same sequence. Then I'd be able to trigger my Chords and my Bassline simultaneously and individually.

Is there a way to load MIDI files to individual tracks instead of to sequences? Or am I just thinking of this the wrong way?
By Bezo Wed May 12, 2021 7:00 pm
Smackdee wrote:Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can...
The MP will only load a midi file to trk 1 of a unused sequence...

Yup! PITA too. One of my most hated missing features on the MPCs. Unless someone's found something more efficient, we have to load each file to a new, seprate sequence then copy it to the desired sequence & track. Just SILLY!

I smile a bit every time this comes up. Unfortunately I think there's still only 5 of us complaining about it though.