MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Zoelastik Fri May 14, 2021 11:33 am
Hello,

I experiment a strange issue/bug with my MPC LIVE (FW 2.9.1) in standalone mode :
When i activate the Note Repeat Button, the MPC listen to external MIDI input note, even if the concerned MIDI device input is disabled in the settings. (My gear are USB connected).

This issue only occur with Drum Program (not with midi or plugins).

Any chance someone know how to solve this issue ?

It's particulary infuriating if, for example, i'am in play mode, with one of my TD-3 running a pattern and that i want to add some extra things on a Drum program...

See this video about it :

I'am still trying to figure out what's wrong with this issue this morning...
I'd reset the MPC settings and tried again.

Here what i'd found : once the bug appear it stay active even if i disconnected external midi/usb devices.

See this video :

I'am going nuts
By Ibunshi Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:12 am
This is a kind of bug that I have encountered every now and then since the release of the X, so it's not new to me...

And it manifests in more than one way, a "good" and a "bad" way..

When good, I can easily fix it simply by holding Noterepeat, then find and press whatever pad has gotten stuck being triggered.. And if I remember it correctly, you just need to go through the different banks and look for whatever pad is lighting up when triggered, and press it.

And this is the most common form..

When bad, this solution does not work, and I just save and reload to fix it.

And although I'm not sure what exactly triggers it, it only happens when there's external gear hooked up, I and suspect that what triggers it, is using Noterepeat and playing the pads whilst scrolling through different midi tracks.. And IF that's the case, I assume what happens, is that the external gear fails to receive a note off signal because the pad is still pressed down as I swap midi track.. and that this causes a bug that keeps holding that pad and trigger it when Noterepeat is activated because that's the last data it received..

But that's a bit of speculation.
By 40Beatz Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:31 pm
Ok Lemme get this right.....You guys want to "Activate" the Note Repeat on the Active Track, But you DON'T want it to Note Repeat?
By TR6 Telos Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:54 pm
I know you are right, akai has to fix this bug.

For 40 Beatz, yes we want to activate the note repeat but triggered by what we decided (specific pads on a drum program, controlled by the MPC or a midi external input) .

For example, i've a Beringher TD3 playing notes, the MPC is set to receive NO midi input, and on a drum program track, when i press note repeat, this bug makes the TD3 triggering the drum program according to the notes he is playing.
Do you see the mess?

As this is set as NO midi input, the TD3 (or whatever) doesn't trigger the drum program as it should work, BUT when note repeat is activated, it shouldn't trigger anything neither but with this bug, it triggered the MPC.
By 40Beatz Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:33 pm
Oh Ok
By Kennerb Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:33 pm
I've been having the same issue. I do believe it is tied to the behringer TD3. When I press the note repeat button it will trigger several notes in my drum track as well as the button I've intended to. I have had to go back and manually remove the notes that are added. It seems to be the same notes all the time. I don't have the TD3 set up to play anything but it is connected through MIDI. I would love for this bug to be fixed as it is making it very difficult to accomplish anything.