MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By PatchWilliam Fri May 14, 2021 6:27 pm
Could a Launchpad or Launchkey (anything with MIDI triggers really) be MIDI mapped such that the pads would trigger sequences on the MPC One? It would be nice to use something like that to perform a set instead of pressing buttons on the MPC One to switch back and forth between Sequence and other windows.
By Monotremata Fri May 14, 2021 6:36 pm
If you can find MIDI CC commands that actually switch between modes or sequences then sure but I highly doubt the MPC has anything like that at all. Your MIDI CC's will go to whatever instrument/port you've selected, not the MPC itself. You probably need some weird Sysex to do it, IF they even implemented that in the MPC, and I dont think my Launchkey lets me set the pads or knobs to anything other than a standard MIDI CC message.
By DokBrown Tue May 18, 2021 6:37 pm
As someone who is building an MPC template to work with my old APC40, I suggest you get an AKAI FORCE. It was clearly designed with this in mind.

It is EZ to map levels, pans, filter settings but something like that is gonna be difficult & time-consuming. With the APC40 [I don’t have a launchpad], The MPC seems to respond to the “clip grid pads” as midi notes thus you can use them as midi notes or toggle on/off. MIDI CONTROL is not showing anything that resembles the NEXT SEQ tab.

Perhaps ULTROS will put into his custom HAKAI OS ???

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=210347&p=1829888&hilit=HAKAI#p1829888

I probably will get an akai FORCE in a year or 2 & let the MPC do what it does best: Chop samples & MIDI sequence. If you do figure it out, make a template b/c you don’t want to have to do that everytime you start a new project.