MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MysteryV Sat May 15, 2021 2:51 am
Hey All,

I bought RC Retro Color - but can't seem to get it to work with my MPC Software. I've gone into Preferences - and added a path, but it does not recognize the VST.

When I tick "Use Audio Units" - RC Retro Color will show up in the list - but I have no way to actually use it (that I can figure out).

Anyone have experience here?

I have a ticket in which support but Friday night - so don't expect to hear back until next week and am a bit frustrated.

Thank you
By 83dude Sat May 15, 2021 11:48 am
MysteryV wrote:Hey All,

I bought RC Retro Color - but can't seem to get it to work with my MPC Software. I've gone into Preferences - and added a path, but it does not recognize the VST.

When I tick "Use Audio Units" - RC Retro Color will show up in the list - but I have no way to actually use it (that I can figure out).

Anyone have experience here?

I have a ticket in which support but Friday night - so don't expect to hear back until next week and am a bit frustrated.

Thank you

Insufficient data:

After adding the path, did you actively scan for it? (Scan all / scan new) Just adding the path will set the scan location; this isn‘t necessary for AU since it‘s better integrated into macOS‘ CoreAudio driver.

If you‘re on a Mac, I‘d suggest AU over VST if possible, although some DAWs only support one or the other. I‘ve had far less issues using AU so far.
By MPC-Tutor Sat May 15, 2021 2:59 pm
Working fine for me, both as a VST and AU. I just installed the trial, went to preferences and 'scan new'. Do you have other VSTs already working? Remember to ensure the two default plugin paths are all 'checked' in Preferences as I believe they might not be by default. You don't need to add any custom paths for this plugin (or any plugin in my experience) the defaults point to the system and user VST root folders.
By MysteryV Sat May 15, 2021 3:38 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Working fine for me, both as a VST and AU. I just installed the trial, went to preferences and 'scan new'. Do you have other VSTs already working? Remember to ensure the two default plugin paths are all 'checked' in Preferences as I believe they might not be by default. You don't need to add any custom paths for this plugin (or any plugin in my experience) the defaults point to the system and user VST root folders.

So checking the boxes was a face palm moment. As you mentioned, they were NOT checked by default :/. So thank you for that piece!

Once I checked and rescanned - RC 20 shows up in the scan - but not in the software.

Now for a potential 2nd facepalm moment:

I'm going to the left side of the software - clicking the Plugin Icon > then clicking the plugin box to bring up the list and select. Is this correct?

I now see "VST" listed as an option (along with MPC Plugins / MPC Drum Plugins) - but still do not see RC Retro Color.

If I try Audio Units - it just shows some Apple stuff - no RC.

It's really strange as I see RC Retro Color on when I scan for new plugins - and it says "OK".

Am I trying to access it incorrectly?
By 83dude Sat May 15, 2021 4:15 pm
MysteryV wrote:Am I trying to access it incorrectly?

You probably are. If you can see drum programs etc., you‘re accessing VST instruments (MIDI in, audio out), not VST FX plugins (audio in & out). Check again for FX plugins e.g. in the mixer window.
By spockis2bold Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:24 pm
OK I was having the same problem but its where you are looking for it.

Once you have installed the RC20, you need to go to your Mixer screen, Go under INSERTS, but choose the 2nd Down Arrow so that the effects open up. The looks just like the screen showing your VST's but this is for the Effects. You will see XLN Audio and under that you will see the RC20.

I am not sure how to get this to show up on the left with the rest of the VST's but this was how I was able to get to it.

https://imgur.com/a/TKX5Axk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/TKX5Axk" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/TKX5Axk"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>