MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MEGAPARSEC Sat May 15, 2021 1:46 pm
Is anyone else having trouble with incompatible Mac versions for MPC installations? OrchestralCompanion, Atsia, SilkRoad, SessionDrums (all Sonivox) are not compatible with the latest version of the Mac and Akai hasn't gotten back.
By 83dude Sat May 15, 2021 1:55 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Lots of Akai products are currently incompatible with big Sur

„Currently“ is a lie. I‘ve waited for two years of „currently“ for driver updates for macOS Catalina (MPC Ren & Studio) and guess what:

They are listed as „legacy products“ now.
By Neurone Sat May 15, 2021 6:02 pm
MEGAPARSEC wrote:Time for mass emails to AKAI then... They are amazing so just need a push ;)

Has that ever worked ?
I get the feeling that Akai of old is looong gone, they're actually owned by hedge fund now (or something like that).
Releasing new shiny products we all go out and buy is what they're about, looks great on the quarterly.
Supporting users is expensive and cuts into the bottom line, so, a BIG no to that.

I need a drink...
By 83dude Sat May 15, 2021 8:27 pm
Won‘t work. People have tried to „harass“ them via official ways. Finally they shut everything down.

The ONLY way to get their attention is via social media nowadays. Shout it out so EVERYBODY can hear it and they are forced to (at least) reply. Although the results are not satisfying.

If you want to get a say, get into beta programme and get ignored anyways. But at least you‘re heard.

Sorry for the bitterness. I love my AKAI products, but customer longetivity and customer support is not their strong side. Pityful.

EDIT: If in doubt, pick up your phone and contact German (!) customer support. They are supposedly the only ones to perform.
By Ultros Sat May 15, 2021 8:55 pm
I dont mean this to sound like a jerk, or to point out the obvious but..

Why bother using a mac then? You're already relying on the MPC's dsp and control interface. What is the benefit of using an apple? At the moment it would appear there is no benefit unless you're using it in controller mode for ableton or with ableton link or some sw that out performs the pc counterpart.

I don't think akai is too focused on that area being that it is a stand alone unit and that the mpc software is generally used by folks who cant afford to buy the stand alone units. It seems that the pc software is where they hash out the ideas for functionality and then work toward porting the useful bits to the linux driven counterpart on the arm SoC's.