MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ultros Sun May 16, 2021 4:52 pm
NewAkaiUser wrote:Any ideas why TS cuts the first note while playing second time?
https://streamable.com/fpdr38

your last note is longer than the sequence length? maybe highlight it and edit end so it matches the end of the sequence? (just stabbing in the dark)
By Lampdog Sun May 16, 2021 7:29 pm
Go into LIST EDIT and investigate all events.
By Lampdog Sun May 16, 2021 7:32 pm
Go into LIST EDIT and investigate all events.

NOTE ON
ONE SHOT
MUTE GROUPS
POLY/MONO
1-16 notes allowed to play at the same time?!
Zoom out on those bars and see how far that note actually goes.

....are all things that come to mind.
By keith303 Tue May 18, 2021 4:55 pm
i experience this as well. it's a bug, no need to question it.
it can only be worked around by setting the polyphony mode to anything else than retrigger or legato.
By Lampdog Tue May 18, 2021 6:08 pm
Using tubesynth right now.
Made the seq 2 bars in length.
Same 3 notes on my grid as in the video.
I made the third note longer than end of 2nd bar (made seq 3 bars, made 3rd note longer then shortened the seq length back down to 2 bars).

I’m using the default tubesynth “smooth uni” and I didn’t tweak anything. Nothing cutting out for like in the vid. No need to question it, why not, if I’m not seeing the exact same thing and no settings/details were given to follow so I can attempt to duplicate the problem?

So now that nothing is cutting out on default, non-tweaked “smooth uni” I tried all, Retrigger, Legato, 2, 3 and 4 voices, I never experienced cut out like in the vid.
I stopped/restarted the sequence after each change.
I tweaked those dame setting while letting the seq run, never cut out even once. I got exactly what I expected from all of those settings.

Is there a setting somewhere Op has tweaked that I’m missing for testing this?

I’m using X, 2.9.1