MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By JohnClodVanDarn Thu May 20, 2021 10:28 pm
I am brand-spanking new to the MPC One OS and I haven't been able to find any direct mention of this in the manual or the "bible" when searching but it seems to be reproducible and I'm curious if this is a feature someone smarter than me knows about or a bug:

1) Assign a short sample to the first layer of a pad in a program (around 10 seconds in length)
2) Non-destructively stretch it from the program editor. Verify that it plays as expected.
3) Assign the exact same sample to the second layer of the same pad in the same program.
4) Note that all of the pertinent warp/stretch settings displayed on the screen mirror those of the first layer but are disabled and uneditable.
5) Hit the pad; hear the first layer play back stretched and the second layer play back unmodified.

I've tried changing the trigger settings to cycle through the two samples so only one has to play at a time and the results are the same. CPU meter never goes above 5-10% for me so it doesn't seem to be running out of horsepower, but I suppose it could conceivably need more free memory than it has available to stretch them both.

My workaround is obviously going to be to flatten the pad, but I was surprised to discover this limitation. If it were intentional I would kinda expect the UI to reflect the fact that the unmodified stretch/warp values were going to be used for the second layer rather than continuing to show the custom values I entered.
By 40Beatz Fri May 21, 2021 1:05 pm
Duplicate the Track may help with Layering the Sample...if you wanna keep it Non Destructive....?
By OrganiK! Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:45 am
I know this is a hella late response, but I figured that I might not be the only who comes across this thread...

I recently discovered this feature and I too was having an issue with the other layers not being warped as the 1st layer was... I came across this Q&A and then a YT vid from Marlo Digs and he was doing a comparison/contrast of the "warp" feature vs. the "time stretch" feature... After watching, it occurred to me that the time stretch feature could be used on the other layers to make them "warp" to the correct BPM...

I hope this helps you or maybe someone else like me...
By QTAL Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:15 pm
I've just come across this same issue while attempting to WARP some STEMS. I'd imagine a lot of people will start coming across this as well with the recent release of the STEM feature. Are there any updated methods to warp multiple layers at one time or even individually?
By kja Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:55 pm
Warping is real time, you couldn't do all this processing with many multilayer samples, you want time stretch, that will stretch them and you can stretch them back, warping it means it can change at any time to match the bpm of the song.