MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By pedro_oliveira1993 Sun May 30, 2021 10:27 am
Hey guys!

I looked forward to post in here! But this wasn't the post I wanted to make :?

I just bought an MPC One. It arrived on friday.

As soon as I turned it on, I realized some issues with the Qlinks.

When I touch them I hear some weird static noise, and in some menus, some glitches occur.

In the grid view, when I scroll horizontally, it resets to the beginning and keeps glitching and jumping between the beginning and to where it actually should be.

In the sample edit, it does the same. I move the chopping markers and it just keeps jumping to the last position of the other qlinks.

I tried the built diagnostic tool and sometimes it shows no problems, and sometimes the qlinks pop up orange.

I think that someway, theres some conductivity between them causing them to fail. I don't know if it's some faulty cable inside the mpc, but I also noticed that everything works fine If I touch the metal screw on the back.

I tried pluging the MPC on different outlets, went to a friends house, and behaves the same way.

I guess I'm gonna return it :|
By pedro_oliveira1993 Sun May 30, 2021 12:00 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Yep, it sounds like you got a dud, get a replacement from the retailer.

Well, to bad. Story of my life. Last week I even said that to a friend. I bet I'm gonna get a shitty one :Sigh:

I knew it. Tomorrow I'll contact the store and see oh everything is gonna go.

Thanks man. I was already saving my money to buy your expansions and the bible.

I'll leave footage of my problem here, for future visitors with the same issues.

By Ultros Mon May 31, 2021 3:07 pm
Just a bad ground, truth be told you could likely fix it yourself however you shouldn't have to with a brand new unit. These "touch capacitive" knobs are the worst mistake akai could have ever made. The capacitivity of the knobs serves little to no purpose within the mpc software other than for triggering the q-link overlay. Pointless addition.
By Lampdog Mon May 31, 2021 3:25 pm
The jumping and skipping q-links happened on previous OS’s. Now it doesn’t happen as much since updating but it still happens.

The static on q-link touch is not supposed to happen.
By pedro_oliveira1993 Mon May 31, 2021 6:38 pm
Ultros wrote:Just a bad ground, truth be told you could likely fix it yourself however you shouldn't have to with a brand new unit. These "touch capacitive" knobs are the worst mistake akai could have ever made. The capacitivity of the knobs serves little to no purpose within the mpc software other than for triggering the q-link overlay. Pointless addition.

Honestly, I figured as much. But like you said, brand new, I shouldn't have to deal with it. I thought about opening it, but I figured I would end up voiding the warranty. The guys at the shop were cool about it. It's getting picked up wednesday. Unfortunately they didn't have more in stock so I have to wait for the new one.

I immediately disabled the overlay. Got stuck on screen a bunch of times.

Lampdog wrote:The jumping and skipping q-links happened on previous OS’s. Now it doesn’t happen as much since updating but it still happens.

The static on q-link touch is not supposed to happen.

I read about it, but in my particular case it was caused by the Q-Links. But I did see that Akai takes time to launch new updates.

If I get another faulty one I'll be pretty pissed. I think the Maschine+ is pretty shitty deal price-wise and I absolutely loved the MPC One, but oh well...
By nori Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:51 am
Sorry to ressurecte this thread but where is the diagnostic tool? I have some wierd behaviour with my One and wanted to check.
By 64hz Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:05 am
You gotta hold a couple of buttons down. I'm not sure which ones though.
By nori Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:51 pm
Thanks! I found it on another thread. Its Bank A, play, play/pause then power up. The unit will shut down and restart in diagnostic mode.

Fwiw I realized that my qlink issues were due to the stock plastic caps. I replaced them with caps from my Push 2 and now my qlinks work correctly 99% of the time compared to only 50% of the time.

I also got some aluminim knobs that I got to replace the stock plastic ones but they work about the same as the stock knobs.