MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By EnochLight Sat May 21, 2022 3:36 pm
Lampdog wrote:
NewAkaiUser wrote:Tested for maybe year now and I dont see any problems. Big plus is this qlink issue just gone, and knobs never go crazy again. Power delivery protocol gives stable power but also voltage protection.

This makes me think some other problems people are having may be link to dirty power.
Me, I’ve always used power conditioners for all gear I deem important.

:worthy:
By dee ess kay Wed May 25, 2022 5:21 pm
Here is what battery i got, it works great but only tried quickly so far. I went for the 45w output as the 60w was no longer for sale and i figured the mpc will not pull 45 watt. I went for a 26800mAH size powerbank so i can take it on planes .

Battery:
Anker 537 Power Bank (PowerCore 26K for Laptop)
https://uk.anker.com/products/b1376?_po ... 9180&_ss=r

USB-C to DC 5.5 x 2.1mm, USB 3.1 Type C PD Emulator Trigger 90:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09 ... UTF8&psc=1
By dee ess kay Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:39 am
The above has been working great for me, i can get around 4-5 hours of one charge.
By jamos Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:30 am
Gee this makes me wonder why the hell I bought a Live to make music instead of a One to hack.
By T-Monk Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:36 pm
NewAkaiUser wrote:Best and cheapest way without opening MPC, is to buy on Amazon for €10 19V USB-C trigger adapter, and connect to PD powerbank.

Dang, NewAkaiUser, your setup looks great. Still no problems after a year? I tried the myvolts cord with a basic power bank (only USB level 5v? output) and it gave me issues. This is on my todo list.
Are you just velcro'ing the pack on there? Any chance you are going to open it up, or go more extreme with your power situation?
By NewAkaiUser Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:07 pm
Still zero problems when powered by a powerbank. It is attached with double-sided 3M tape permanently, and also serves as a small stand.
Now I have no reason to open the MPC, but that time is coming because several pads stop responding. Specifically, it's "hihat pads" - 3,4 and 9.
By Planemo Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:02 am
NewAkaiUser wrote:Still zero problems when powered by a powerbank. It is attached with double-sided 3M tape permanently, and also serves as a small stand.
Now I have no reason to open the MPC, but that time is coming because several pads stop responding. Specifically, it's "hihat pads" - 3,4 and 9.

Hi bud,

Did you have the need to open your MPC yet to sort out the pads? I would really like to know if your powerbank would physically fit inside. If yes, I would be looking to run it internally with a 2x case-mounted USB-C ports - 1 for charging the powerbank and 1 for the output from the bank to allow an external flylead to go back into the stock 19v input. My MPC is a keeper so I have no problems opening it up and drilling holes for USB ports or mounting powerbanks.

Cheers
By Lampdog Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:27 pm
This will be a great Christmas present for a friend, Thanks for the suggestion.
By Jean-Marc Liotier Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:07 pm
I was given this antique, probably 15 to 20 years old, 19V lithium-ion accumulators pack among a crate of junk from an abandoned office... It was intended for laptops but it works perfectly with my MPC One. It weights a ton.

Bonus points for the "Be irresponsible for lable shred" sticker !